I usually go to yoga class every Saturday and Sunday morning. Last weekend, as my family was eating breakfast, my son asked me out of the blue if I was going to yoga. I had been debating if I really did want to go that day. And from the way he said it, I took it as a sign that he wanted me to leave the house.
Mama out of the house = Daddy let’s us watch TV.
I laughed and asked why he wanted me to go to yoga so bad. His response? Because you love it.
He’s absolutely right. I do love yoga. I started to think about why I love yoga. I’ve confessed my love of running – the way it makes me feel, the places it takes me, the runner’s high, the confidence. But what does yoga give me?
Remember my Retail Therapy trip last month to Dick’s Sporting Goods to check out their newly redesigned store and to stock up on yoga specific clothes? Well, I’ve been putting the clothes to good use and loving yoga even more.
Why I Love Yoga
1. It makes me breathe.
2. I feel powerful.
3. It wakes up my mind, body and spirit.
4. I feel at least 5 inches taller after each class.
5. I feel like I have more space in between my ribs.
6. I love the feeling of energy pulsating through my hands and fingertips.
7. It pulls my shoulders back and opens my heart.
8. Energizes me even after a long day of work.
9. I don’t have to think – I just do. My body knows where to go and I can just flow in a moving meditation.
10. It strengthens every muscle and tendon in my body.
11. Yoga clothes are pretty rad. #thatisall
12. I love that it pushes me mentally and physically.
13. It makes me learn to trust in myself.
14. I love that it’s graceful and makes me feel like a dancer, but at the same time badass.
15. I love doing poses that once looked impossible.
16. I love that it makes me continue to strive to reach the next “impossible” pose.
17. I love the way a roomful of “Oms” radiates through my heart and gives me goosebumps. If you’ve ever participated in a Wall of Oms, you know what I mean.
18. It makes me focus and be present to the here and now.
19. I love that it makes me glow.
20. Savasana. #enoughsaid
With reasons like this, shouldn’t everyone be doing yoga?
Since it’s meal planning Sunday, here is what I’ve got planned for dinner this week:
Sunday: Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon + veggies
Monday: Pesto, Spinach and Avocado Grilled Cheese
Tuesday: Crunchy Thai Chicken Salad
Wednesday: Ron’s Homemade Pizza to celebrate the first day of school!
Thursday: Fish Tacos
Friday: Pesto Zoodles + Grilled Chicken
If you do yoga, why do you love it?
What are you having for dinner this week?