I haven’t done one of these in awhile so this is going to be fun!
Here’s the rules:
– display the award logo somewhere on your blog
– link back to the blog who nominated you
– state 7 things about yourself
– nominate 15 (or less) other bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs
– notify those bloggers that they have been nominated and of the award’s requirements
Got it? Alright here we go…
7 Random Things About Me
1. I love watching the Iron Man World Championships each year on TV. The stories kill me and I end up sobbing like a baby through the whole thing. How can you not be inspired by the regular Joe’s and Jane’s who put their heart and soul into training for such a rigorous event? Plus, anyone who can come out of the swim portion that looks like this is phenomenal to me!
2. I love to see the sun in the early morning. There’s just something about seeing it get higher in the sky as the minutes tick by. It feels more intense at this time than any other and it draws me in. It signifies the beginning of a new day and the endless possibilities it will bring.I’ve been known to take way too many pictures of the sun rising while on vacations or early morning runs. 😉
3.I’m a huge fan of Joan Benoit Samuelson. I had heard of her before I moved to NH but didn’t really know much about her other than she won the Boston Marathon in 1979 and 1983, broke the world record and then won a gold medal in the first ever women’s Olympic marathon. No big deal, right? But now that I’m in her backyard practically, I’ve really become a fan. I even entered a contest to be able to run with her in September. Now that would be inspiring! Check out THIS clip from a Nike commercial she was in celebrating Title IX. One kick ass lady!
4. I love Pinterest. Yes, it’s a HUGE time suck but there is so much that I never even knew you could do! Make a stamp out of a green pepper? Genius! One day I’ll actually do those crafts and make those recipes! 🙂
5. People who meditate daily mystify me.The most meditation I’ve ever done was 5 minutes. It’s so hard for me to shut my brain down and focus on my breath. I know it’s good for me but I just haven’t found the focus.
6. I’ve thought about becoming a yoga teacher more times than once in the past few years. I love yoga but don’t know if teaching is the right path for me. Maybe once I mastered an unassisted headstand.
So now for my nominations:
Cheryl @ Live Fit Daily
Laura @ Mommy Run Fast
Heather @ Where’s The Beach?
Kierston @ Candy Fit
Morgan @ Life After Bagels
Katie @ Wish and Whimsy
Christine @ Love Life Surf