I saw this cute questionnaire for kids about their mother runner on Beth and Allie’s blogs. Even though I’m injured and currently not running, I still wanted to hear their thoughts on having a mother runner.
1. What does mom eat before a run?
Lukas: Apple or crayons
Obviously they are usually asleep when I go for a run. And Lukas must think I like wax.
2. How far does mom run everyday?
Avery: 25 miles
Lukas: 60 miles
3. What was mom’s favorite race?
Ouch. It should have been my favorite race. While they were having fun riding the T and hanging out at the Aquarium, I was having the worst day of my life.
4. Why do you think your mom runs?
Avery: Because she likes it.
Lukas: She has too much energy and needs to burn it off.
Yes! They know me well.
5. What injuries has mom had from running?
They don’t remember the others. Just the latest and longest. Probably because I’ve been dragging them to PT with me twice a week for what seems like forever.
6. Do you like going to mom’s races?
Avery: Yes! I get to see her run.
Lukas: Yes! I like the food at the after party.
I’m not sure why Avery didn’t say the food too. Their #1 priority post race is eating my food.
7. Have you learned anything from having a mom who runs?
Avery: Yes. Running.
Lukas: Yes. If you run you should bring vitamins and food.
Not sure what either response meant. And I’m quite positive I’ve never mentioned vitamins and running in the same sentence to Lukas.
8. Does having a mom who runs make you want to run?
Lukas: Yes! I want to run with you because I miss you.
9. What’s your least favorite thing about having a mom who runs?
10. Do you think you’ll run when you are your mom’s age? And how old do you think your mom is? (37 btw)
Avery: Yes. She’s 30.
Lukas: Yes. She’s 60.
One brings my ego way up and the other brings it way down.
How would your kid(s) answer? Go find out!