First time Thinking Out Loud poster.
Long time lurker.
I’ve got lots of random thoughts swirling in my head currently so I’m going with Amanda’s Thursday theme.
1. I’ve been meeting a lot of new people these past two weeks with my kids’ new school. One thing I’ve noticed? A lot of weak handshakes. What’s up with that? I’m not looking for a bone crushing grip but give me a little bit more than a limp noodle. A handshake says a lot about a person. Do you want to be remembered as the limp noodle?
2. My kids started Kindergarten yesterday. Five days a week. Seven hours a day. I thought for sure I’d be a crying mess at drop off. But there wasn’t any tears from anyone. They were so cool and nonchalant about it all. And then they were completely exhausted at the end of the day. Today, I’m enjoying my first day all alone. What to do first???
3. We had a substitute teacher in yoga class last Sunday. He talked about the correlation between your posture and your life. When you have good posture, your life follows. If you walk around with slumped shoulders, you usually feel pretty cruddy. He said it much better than me but when I started thinking about it, it’s so true.
3. On Tuesday I had the polar opposites of customer service. Stitch Fix is doing it right. I shrunk one of my favorite shirts from them (that I got months ago, btw) and they offered to exchange it (they didn’t have my size) or give me a refund. How awesome is that? But then Pottery Barn Kids ruined my high. I had ordered my kids’ school backpacks two weeks ago. The shipping date was supposed to be 8/24. They arrived 9/1. I was in a panic that my kids’ wouldn’t have a backpack for the first day of school! Then they didn’t do the monogramming that I paid extra for (and was still charged). And then my daughter’s pack is stained. All I got from customer service was a credit for the monogramming. Thanks PBKids. You lost a customer.
4. I’m so confused about what is going on with my foot/ankle injury. I’ve had so many coworkers/friends/physical therapists/random people comment on what the treatment plan for my new diagnosis (or even if that is the correct diagnosis) should be, that my head is spinning. I know the foot is a complicated mix of teeny tiny bones and tendons but why can’t I just have a for sure diagnosis and fix it already. I’m frustrated and my poor physical therapist got an ear full when I had my eval on Tuesday.
5. One thing I really dislike about September? That it is busy. Really busy. It seems like everyone tries to cram 3 months worth of activities in 30 days because we were “kicking back” during the summer. Can’t we just ease into things rather than jumping in over our heads?
6. Everyone is talking about Periscope. Are you on it? If so, leave your handle in the comments and I’ll follow you. I need another social media platform like I need a hole in my head BUT I’m intrigued by it. I signed up but have yet to broadcast anything. Maybe I’ll do my first one today? What should I talk about? You can search for me @HappyFitMama.
7. Is it Friday yet?
What are you thinking about right now?