Wearing: prAna Halle pant in black
This post in sponsored by prAna in partnership with FitApproach. All thoughts, as always, are my own.
We stretched. We bended. And we lived to tell about it.
I always love to do challenges on Instagram. I get to do yoga poses, play with all the fun editing tools on Snapseed (my fav app for pics by far) and support a community of like minded people who have a love of activity.
While I’m not exactly thrilled that it’s September (How did that happen?!?!), I am excited for the new fall line from prAna. Deep, rich colors. Cozy hoodies. Puffy jackets and vests. It almost makes me excited for colder weather just so I can wear all the layers. And eat and drink anything that has the word pumpkin or apple in it. Almost. I can wait another 2-3 months for cooler weather to kick in.
Wearing: prAna Quinn top from spring ’15 + Misty Knicker
My love for prAna gear has intensified this past year. I always drooled over every piece my local EMS stocked, but would only allow myself a couple of pieces here and there because of the price tag. I’ll be honest, it’s not cheap stuff. But I’ve learned one thing over the years – you get what you pay for. If you want quality clothing that will hold it’s shape, won’t fade after being washed a gazillion times and will just look good, you need to spend more than $10 on a t-shirt. Knowing that prAna believes that companies like should strive to give much more than they take from the world. They practice using fewer toxins and chemicals in producing all their products so we can all breathe a little easier.
After all, prana means breath, live and vitality in Sanskrit.
If I could, I would definitely #LiveInprAna. And that’s what I did for most of this challenge. I found my new fall (and winter, spring and summer) favorite pants.
The Halle Pant has become my new hiking or all around do anything pant. They are water resistant which is great for all of the spills I encounter daily. If you’ve ever tried to find a decent pair of hiking pants, you know that the majority look like they’ve come straight out of the men’s department. The Halle Pant is actually flattering to a woman’s body yet allows you to bend, stretch, climb, jump and do whatever else you need to do to get through your hike or day. An added fantastic bonus is that they can be easily cuffed and snapped to let your legs breathe.
The Meme Pant is another favorite. From the first look, I thought it was too much of a skinny jean look with bulky cargo pockets. Once I tried them on, my mind changed. L-O-V-E. I can’t say I’d wear these for a hike, but I’ve been loving them as a casual pant that looks great with flip flops, casual sneakers and eventually boots. They are super comfy and easily will be my go-to for quite some time.
To celebrate the end of another successful Instagram challenge, the fabulous Sweat Pink ladies put together a fun 7 Things You Didn’t Know About Me questionnaire. I love stuff like this so here you go.
- I am [obviously] obsessed with: prAna, running, yoga, sunshine, green trees, nut butter & The Walking Dead.
- I have a collection of: Workout gear and Saucony shoes. I need a whole separate closet for all of it. I can’t stand clutter and this “collection” is starting to resemble it. #WorkoutGirlProblems
- I am secretly (not so secretly): A fan of the Real Housewives series. I can lose days watching any city, any episode. And I lose a few dozen brain cells each time.
- When I was 7, I wanted to be: A Marine Biologist. I loved, loved, loved dolphins and wanted to be a trainer at Sea World. Now I still love dolphins, but won’t go near Sea World.
- If I could do one thing today, it would be:Go for a run. Boo.
- I’ve always dreamt of….: Skydiving. I’m scared of heights, but it intrigues me. I keep saying I’m going to do it. Maybe for my 40th birthday in 3 years?
- My favorite way to travel is: Anyway I can. Get me out of here!
Join in on the fun! I tag ALL OF YOU to tell me one (or seven!) things I don’t know about you!
Remember you can still get 15% off your order from prana.com with code LiveInprAnaF15HFM at checkout.