Workout – Treadmill run
I brought back a Tabata inspired workout this morning.
|0-5 mins||Warm up @ 3.5 – 4.0|
|5-15 mins||6.5 – 7.5 (increasing 0.1 every minute)|
|15:30-15:40 mins||Rest(feet on side rails)|
|Repeat 15-15:40 intervals x 7|
|Repeat 20-20:40 intervals x 7|
|40-45 mins||Cool down @ 3.5- 2.0|
I was listening to Pandora’s Pop and Hip Hop Power Workout mix this morning during my run. As I was just starting the first 9.5 mph sprint the song, Banana Boat Song(Day-O) came on. Really??? When has that song ever been pop or hip hop? Needless to say, it’s not the best song to push through a fast sprint. Thank you, Pandora.
First, I’d like to thank God. Oh wait, this isn’t an award show!
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 7 more bloggers that you enjoy.
- Contact the bloggers that you have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated!
I recently was tagged for the 11 Random Things but just in case you want to know more about what makes me a Happy Fit Mama read on. If not, sorry I bored you!
1. Chair lifts scare the bejesus out of me! I have to sit on the left side and I hold on with both hands wrapped around the pole or side. If it’s a quad or triple chair, there is no way I’m sitting in the middle!
2. I chickened out in labor and got an epidural. I never said I wouldn’t get one but the nurse put the fear in me so I did it. My labor was super easy before the epidural so I have always wondered if I could have done without it.
3. My favorite color is green.
4. I’m the baby of my family and the only girl. Spoiled much?
5. I’m a semi-vegetarian. I rarely eat meat but every once and awhile I’ll want a burger or chicken. I’ve seriously thought about going all the way to vegetarian or even vegan. I’m not too sure I could give up cheese.
6. I know how to knit although I’ve only made scarves, hats and 1 blanket. Anything else scares me!
7. I’ve never been able to do a proper cartwheel!
Now to tag other bloggers. Since I just tagged a bunch last week I only did 5. Total cop out, right?
Heart Healthy Tip
Add Omega-3s to your daily intake. Sardines, wild salmon, flax and chia seeds, and walnuts are excellent sources of omega-3 fatty acids. Two weekly servings of wild-caught Pacific salmon is enough to boost your blood levels of omega-3s. Benefits of foods rich in omega-3s include:
- Reduce inflammation throughout your body
- Keep your blood from clotting excessively
- Maintain the fluidity of your cell membranes
- lower the amount of lipids (fats such as cholesterol and triglycerides) circulating in the bloodstream
- prevent excessive blood clotting
- inhibit thickening of the arteries
- reduce the risk of becoming obese and improve the body’s ability to respond to insulin by stimulating the secretion of leptin, a hormone that helps regulate food intake, body weight and metabolism
- help prevent cancer cell growth