Happy Friday! It seems like this has been a very long week (again). I’m so ready for the weekend. I’m running a half marathon on Sunday and am still on the fence about how much total mileage I want to get in for the day. My plan calls for 20 miles. However, there’s another 20 miler next week. Veteran marathoners – is that too much mileage on back to back weekends? My first thought was to go with how I feel this Sunday. If I’m feeling good, I might go for the 20 miles. If not, I’ll get in at least 17. Thoughts?
I recently was sent a few jars of Pacific Beach Peanut Butter to try. As a certified nut butter fanatic, I was beyond excited.
Each jar is made with Valencia peanuts, are all natural with organic ingredients and taste pretty darn fantastic. I love that each jar says “Wanna Spoon?” It’s like they were made for me since that’s how I enjoy most nut butters! I tried three flavors – Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread, CinnaYum and the Organic Peanut Butter. The Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread tasted just like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. Yum! It was hard to stop at one spoonful. I was really surprised by the CinnaYum. I love cinnamon but wasn’t sure how it would be in PB. It had a slightly sweet flavor with a just a hint of cinnamon. Not bad for no sugar added either! The Organic Peanut Butter was perfect for toast, a spoonful in oats, and a great addition to yummy recipes like the one below. For more inspiration, check out their pinterest page.
- 1 pound Wild Alaskan Salmon
- Soy Sauce
- For Dressing:
- 3 TB Water
- 2 TB Rice WIne Vinegar
- 2 Scallions, Chopped
- 1 TB Organic Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 TB Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1 TB Tahini
- For Salad:
- 1 Head of Romaine, Chopped
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach, Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- ½ Cup Grated Carrot
- 3 Scallions, Chopped
- ½ Cup Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 Cup Steamed Broccoli, Chopped
- Peanuts (optional)
- Marinate salmon in enough soy sauce to cover fish in an oven safe dish for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake salmon for 20 minutes or until it flakes.
- While fish is baking, prepare the dressing and salad.
- To make dressing, mix all ingredients in food processor. Blend till smooth.
- Next, mix all salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Toss with dressing (a few spoonfuls or as much as desired).
- Top salad with peanuts and place salmon on top when ready to serve.
If you are interested in trying Pacific Beach Peanut Butter yourself, they are offering 1 FREE jar with the purchase of any 2 from their website to all HFM readers! Please use code blogger4 at checkout through May 16, 2013 to redeem. *Limit 1 FREE jar per customer.*
Bring on the weekend!
I was provide three free jars of Pacific Beach Peanut Butter in exchange for a review. All thoughts are my own.