It’s tempo Thursday again! I was up bright and early at 5 a.m. ready to hit the treadmill. Tempo workouts have become my favorite. Although I usually stray from my original training plan because I get bored. Today was no different.
|speed (mph)||incline||distance (miles)|
|warm up 6.5||0%||1|
|7.2 (8:20 pace)||1%||1.0-2.5|
|7.4 (8:06 pace)||1%||2.5-3.5|
|7.5 (8:00 pace)||1%||3.5-4.0|
|7.2 (8:20 pace)||1%||4.0-4.5|
|cool down 7.2-6.8||0%||4.5-5.0|
Five miles in all before 6 a.m.!
This recipe is actually a special request from my friends and co-workers Karen and Kristie. Hi guys! 🙂 I brought this as leftovers for lunch yesterday at work. As soon as I sat down, they both were eyeballing my dish. This recipe is super easy for a weeknight meal. It’s a great alternative to ground beef tacos (in case you missed last weeks news about Pink Slime and ground beef click here). Do yourself and your family a favor, make this instead!
makes 6 servings
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2.5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup salsa
- taco shells plus favorite toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, cheese
1. Heat canola oil in skillet. Add onion and garlic. Saute a few minutes till soft.
2. Add lentils, chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Cook 1 minute.
3. Add broth. Bring to a boil. Then decrease heat and cover. Simmer 25-30 minutes.
4. Uncover and cook 5 minutes more.
5. Stir in salsa.
6. Place lentils in taco shells and add your favorite toppings
For the leftovers, I had the lentils over rice and also over a bed of spinach as a salad. All tasty and healthy! Enjoy!
Questions of the day
What’s your favorite running workout?
Do you have a favorite alternative to beef tacos?