This is a sponsored post on behalf of Barlean’s. As always, all thoughts are my own.
I had a big internal debate in my head while I was mixing up this recipe for Tangerine Energy Bites.
What’s the proper term – bites or balls?
And then I immediately started singing AC/DC “Big Balls”.
Yes, I have the maturity of a 13 year old and giggle at all the ball jokes. I mean, who can forget about Schweddy Balls from SNL?
I ultimately decided on bites because I can’t type balls over and over again.
Let’s chat omega-3’s. Are you getting enough? Probably not. And more than likely, neither is your kid. Well, fear not.
Barlean’s has been in the omega-3 business for quite some time. You may know about Barlean’s Seriously Delicious Omega-3 for adults. From the beginning, their omega-3 supplements have been made with no artificial flavors or colors. Now, your kids can get a beneficial dose of omega-3 thanks to Barlean’s Seriously Delicious Omega Pals (affiliate link). It delivers 500 mg of Omega-3 EPA/DHA per serving. In addition, it’s non-gmo, gluten free, sugar free, and dairy free.
Made for kids ages 1 year and up, it tastes just like a smoothie that can be eaten by the spoonful or mixed into smoothies, drizzled on oatmeal or into your favorite energy bites recipe (hint, hint).
I was certain my daughter, who is very particular about what she eats, would not be on board with this. However, she shocked me completely. She actually requests a spoonful of the Barlean’s Omega Pals every single morning. Her favorite flavor is the lemonade and tangerine. And she gave two thumbs up for adding the Omega Pals to my latest batch of energy bites.
Well done, Barlean’s!
- 1 cup dates, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes to soften, drained
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup Barlean's Superfruit Seed Blend
- 1-2 tbsp Barlean's Seriously Delicious Omega Pals Hooty Fruity Tangerine
- ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Place all ingredients in high powered blender or food processor.
- Mix until a ball forms.
- With wet hands, take 1-2 tbsp of dough and roll into ball shape.
- Repeat with remainder of dough.
- Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes before eating.
- Store in fridge or freezer to prevent bites from being crumbly.
What’s your fav thing to add into energy bites?