Happy high five Friday! It’s the last Friday in February. Is anyone else ready to slap it on it’s ass and say Adios? For such a short month, it sure felt like an eternity.
1. Snowshoe fun. The kids thought it was hilarious to sit on this random bench, covered in snow on our outing.
2. Post run camel pose.
3. I’ve been participating in multiple Instagram yoga challenges this month. My kids have loved getting in on the action. Tadasana with hands in Lotus Mudras for the last day of #bringingyogaback.
4. Ever do a workout and inadvertently make it harder than it’s supposed to? That was me on Tuesday. I misread my plan as doing 800s instead of 400s @ 5k pace. I survived so I guess it’s all good!
5. Sunshine and warm temps….could Spring really be on it’s way?
1. Mother of 5 to be the first to run marathon in high heels – I can’t wear high heels walking without twisting an ankle. All I can say is ouch. But then again, she must know pain since she does have 5 kids.
2. Why women are afraid to run alone – After my creeper incident in November, I have yet to run alone in the early morning. I’m still too freaked out about it. I know I’m not alone. There are plenty of us who have the same situation (or worse). Let’s talk about it. Let’s make it stop.
3. Shalane’s Mission – How can you not love Shalane? She’s a local girl with a heart of gold and the mind of a champion. I’m hoping this is her year.
4. Survival Skills for Extreme Winter Running - Allie says it perfectly. Practice your bird flipping and yelling skills. Here’s to a warm March!
5. Treadmill Running is Just as Good as Road Running – At least this makes me feel better that I’m not wasting my time (and miles) on the treadmill. But I still don’t want to do it more than I have to!
What would you like to high 5 today?