Welcome to another lovely High Five Friday!
Want to join in on spreading good news from your week? Get all the details HERE.
5 from Instagram
- Stay patient and trust the journey. That’s been my motto for the past 10 months. Some days completely suck in running. Others are the most wonderfully fantastic.
- I finally remembered to wear a running skirt over my tights BEFORE I went for my single digit run last weekend. Usually it’s when my butt is completely frozen solid that I remember that little trick.
- A pop of color on a gray day. I can’t say enough good things about prAna Prism capris. They are hands down my fav for yoga. FYI – You can get 15% off your total order from prAna.com with code PSSS16HFM at check out.
- Do yoga. Run faster. True story!
- Opening your heart doesn’t have to be complicated. Let your love shine in upward facing dog.
- Last Place at the Trials with No Regrets – Did you watch the Olympic Marathon trials last weekend? What a race! What you didn’t see where the very last female and male finishers. They both showed up even though they weren’t at their top performance level. I’ve talked with Joanna on the phone before and she is one serious athlete. I give them props for getting out there.
- How Social Media Killed My Run – As someone who is on social media A LOT, I’ve had the exact same thoughts. My week in running has been quite craptastic. Rather than sugar coating it for social media sake, I let it out that it plain sucked. We’ve all been there so why hide it!
- Why More Western Doctors are Prescribing Yoga Therapy – It’s about time! I love that people are seeing that there are alternatives to surgery, being overly medicated and just plain miserable. Most people get into yoga to gain flexibility. But when you really get into it and aren’t just doing it but practicing it, you see that it’s way more than being bendy. It’s for your mind, body and spirit.
- Having It All Kinda Sucks – This. YES. “Let’s redefine “having it all,” or better yet let each woman define for herself what the best version of her life might look like.”
- Giving Back: My Experience as a Running Coach – This piece from Heather is so great. Spreading the love of running is definitely good news.