It’s Friday! My brain is toast and I’m SO ready for the weekend. Anyone else?
Last week, Janae and this week, Nancy (Congrats to her new baby!) posted a Running Pop Quiz for everyone to share. I hated pop quizzes in school. My teachers would always do them on Friday’s. I think they knew everyone was halfway out the door by then and didn’t want to learn anything. So to carry on the tradition, I thought I’d end the week with a FUN Pop Quiz! Get your
pencils typing fingers ready!
1. Fuel: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?
I’ve only had success with Cliff Shots and Honey Stingers. Nothing else does the trick and leaves the tummy feeling less than stellar.
2. Race Length: 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?
Half Marathon although I’ve only done one 10K and really liked it. Wish that distance was more popular! Of course, I’m still gunning for a marathon. Ultra? Not even on my radar!
3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants or Other?
Shorts for short runs. Skirts for long runs and races. Crops for almost cold weather. Tights for bone chilling cold. So everything!
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, water or other?
Water. I like Nuun but it messes with my tummy sometimes. Gatorade and Powerade remind me of being hungover in college. Blech!
5. Running Temperatures: HEAT or COLD? Can I be Goldie Lock’s and say “not too hot and not too cold?”
6. Running Shoe Brands: Saucony, Mizuno, Nike, Brooks, Asics or Other?
Mizuno! But I was a professed lover of Brooks, Saucony and even New Balance through the years.
7. Pre-race meal: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?
If I have at least 2 hours before the race, plain oats, 1/2 a banana and a scoop of almond butter does the trick. Otherwise, piece of toast with almond butter and banana. Cereal does not cut it. I’m hungry in a half hour.
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x or more per week, never ever ever or Other?
2x but more like active rest with walking and light yoga.
9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?
Don’t need it unless I’m on the treadmill. Then it’s a must!
10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or other?
I love how it makes me feel, stress relief, ME time and the running community is full of awesome people!
Now it’s your turn? Answer some of the questions in the comments, if you wish, or spread the quiz around the blog-o-sphere some more!
Happy Weekend! ENJOY!