Reverse bucket list, ever hear of it?
I never did till recently. Truthfully, I had to Google it to see what came up. Essentially, it’s a list of all the wonderful things you’ve already done. Not the ones you WANT to do.
It isn’t supposed to be a brag or a “look at me and the special things I’ve done” list. It’s just a bit of reflection and an attempt to stay focused on the positives. Sometimes, we fall short of our own expectations, or we see others who’ve far exceeded the expectations we set for ourselves. For a second, we can forget how awesome we are.
Accomplishments are something to be proud of but they do not determine your value. A Reverse Bucket List should make you feel motivated and inspired to be the person you want to be.
When I sat down to brainstorm about what would be on my list, I was amazed at what came up. Some may seem small or mundane but it’s my list. I haven’t traveled extensively worldwide (yet) or gone sky diving (possibly?) but they’re my accomplishments.
And I’m happy to have done them.
Angela’s Reverse Bucket List
- I have seen the sunrise and sunset over an ocean.
- I’ve moved to two different states without knowing anyone there.
- Survived a twin pregnancy without any stretch marks.
- Gave birth to two healthy children.
- Married the most wonderful man.
- Slept under the stars.
- Seen the Northern Lights multiple times.
- Learned how to ski and snowboard.
- Learned how to knit.
- Been whitewater rafting.
- Ran a marathon.
- Ran multiple half marathons.
- Went ziplining despite being afraid of heights.
- Hung upside down in a cocoon in aerial yoga.
- Rode the scary elevator to the top of the Stratosphere despite being afraid of elevators.
- Graduated from college.
- Paid off my school loans early.
- Danced on a bar in Cancun, fell off and had in air on MTV.
- Received an art award.
- Walked on a glacier.
- Bought a car without a loan.
- Had my writing published in a print magazine, twice.
- Was part of an article in The Wall Street Journal.
- Climbed numerous mountains.
- Bought a house.
- Went kayaking in Bermuda.
- Been to two of the world’s most beautiful beaches.
- Jet skied in Mexico.
- Got a tattoo.
- Started a blog.
So there you have it, my list that will continue to grow each and everyday. Because I’m awesome. haha! 🙂 And I think you all are awesome too. If you are a blogger, feel free to write your own Reverse Bucket List. It can be 10, 20, 50 things. Share as much as you like. I want to read about it.
I’m adding a link up to this post for you to share your awesomeness. Don’t forget to tweet about it using the #MyReverseBucketList and tag me @HappyFitMama.
If you are not a blogger, I still want to know. Leave me a few of your accomplishments in the comments.
I can’t wait to see how awesome you are. Although I kind of already know that you are.
Have a marvelous day!