Welcome to Thursday! One more day and it’s the weekend. A holiday weekend, too. Does anyone get Friday or Monday off? I don’t. Boo!
My mind is kind of all over the place today so here is just a bunch of random things going on. Hence, my very creative post title.
Random Thursday Facts
- Yesterday my guest blogger post was up on the FitFluential blog. Click here to read the full details. I referenced a few foods recommended by Runner’s World. Some of the foods like jelly beans, hard candies, gummy bears aren’t “real” food. They do come in organic varieties, though. If I did use those foods for fuel, I would use the organic version since it wouldn’t have dyes or anything artificial. These next few months I will be going through the fuel trials to see what works.
2. I’m so excited to be a part of Foodie Penpals this month! I got my penpals name today. So as soon as I’m done with this post I’m off to email her to see what the girl likes! I love getting mail and finding new yummy foods to try. Should be fun! You don’t have to be a blogger to participate. Head on over to Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean to find out more. I don’t know how she finds the time to coordinate Foodie Penpals (there is over 600 people participating this month alone!), write her blog, and go to school. Oh and probably have a life outside of this, too. Thanks for doing all this Lindsay!
3. I ran 3.2 miles this morning with the double stroller and it actually was not that bad! Weird, huh?
Last week was pure torture pushing the beast. It felt like I was going at a snail’s pace for most of the run, too. But today the stroller felt light (almost) and my pace was pretty good considering I had an extra 75+ pounds with me. You never know what kind of run you’ll have. But any run is a good run in my book!
4. I don’t know what was up with my Nike Capri’s during my run. They kept sliding down off my hips so I ended up having a Wenis. The internal drawstring is gone so I can’t make them any tighter. I guess I’m going to have to buy a new pair unless I like the look of the Wenis. However, having a Wenis is better than Camel Toe in my opinion!
Great sweaty face, right?
5. I ran in my new/old Brooks Adrenaline 12’s today.
I’ve been doing a few short runs in them here and there and they actually feel really good. Almost better than my Mizuno’s. When I first got them in December, I thought they felt way too big. In fact, I referred to them as “clown shoes.” Maybe my feet have grown in the past few months. Weird fact: Your feet do get bigger the more miles you run. I really like having 2 pairs of shoes to rotate through training.
6. L is starting a new job. He’s going to sell Bissell vacuums door to door.
Questions of the Day
What’s the best thing you got in the mail recently?
Any recommendations on running capris that won’t give me a Wenis?
Has your foot grown in size since you started running more?