Last week I strayed far away from my meal plan. I was sick and didn’t feel like spending any time chopping, measuring, stirring or mixing. Thankfully, I had two pizzas in the freezer for dinner on Tuesday night when I was feeling my worst. I know what you’re thinking. “Ewww…frozen pizza!” But this wasn’t any frozen pizza. It was American Flatbread frozen pizza.
I don’t like to rely on prepackaged food. Usually it’s nothing but processed food that you can’t even pronounce any of the ingredients. Not so with American Flatbread. All of their frozen pizzas are made with a 100% organically grown wheat crust and topped with fresh herbs, vegetables and the finest of cheeses. They’re all-natural, with no preservatives, artificial colors or flavors, and handcrafted from scratch, hand-formed, and par-baked in wood-fired ovens.
Just look at the ingredients for the Cheese and Herb pizza:
Crust contains: 100% Organically Grown Wheat (this is a white flour with restored wheat germ), Good Mountain Water, Kosher Salt, Fresh Yeast. Topping contains: Mozzarella Cheese (Whole Milk, Vegetable Rennet, Salt), Vermont’s Blythedale Farms Asiago/Grana Padano Cheese (Whole Milk From Jersey Cows, Vegetable Rennet, Salt), Garlic Oil (Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Canola Oil,Fresh Organic Garlic), Fresh Organic Parsley, Herbs, Kosher Salt
Can’t get more simple than that. And I can pronounce every single ingredient.
AFB comes in a variety of flavors:
- Sun-Dried Tomato & Mushroom,
- Tomato Sauce & Three Cheese
- Ionian Awakening (tomato sauce, four cheeses, red onion, Kalamata olive, garlic, fresh rosemary)
- Vegan Harvest
- Cheese & Herb
- Revolution (caramelized onions, mushrooms, cheeses, and herbs)
And three new varieties have been added:
- Farmers Tomato Pie – A dairy-free pizza with tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, red wine, balsamic vinegar and a dash of maple syrup
- Sliced Tomato & 5 Cheeses – Ripe tomato complimented by small-batch handcrafted cheeses, including mozzarella, smoked cheddar, sage and asiago cheeses (pictured above right)
- Twisted 6 Cheese – Features small-batch asiago, smoked cheddar, fresh mozzarella and sage cheese from Vermont, topped with red onion slices and a bit of parsley (pictured above left)
The four of us polished off the Twisted 6 Cheese and Sliced Tomato & 5 Cheeses easily. It was goooooood! Ron and I both really liked the Sliced Tomato best. The kiddos had a slice of each and we’re very happy. My only complaint (as with any thin crust pizza) is that it’s so easy to eat more than a serving size. Plus, the sodium content is outrageous but you’re going to get that with any pizza (unless it’s homemade).
American Flatbread is a market leader in natural frozen flatbread pizzas and available in supermarkets, health, and gourmet stores nationwide. Truly nutritious, light, crisp, and flavorful — convenience without compromise – American Flatbread pizzas are honestly delicious.
If you want to try American Flatbread frozen pizza, click on the AFB banner in my side bar to download a $2 off coupon.
Since I only got a couple of days of my planned meals in last week, I’m sticking with that for this week. Feel free to check out last week’s plan for ideas. Who knows, maybe an American Flatbread frozen pizza might show up again this week if it’s been a hectic day.
This is a sponsored post for American Flatbread. All opinions are of my own.