It’s meal planning day again! Did this week go by super fast or is just me?
Before we get into meal planning I want to share a super quick and easy recipe for Pumpkin Chia Granola Bars. I wasn’t planning on sharing this recipe. I was just playing in the kitchen, experimenting. It came out so well (and my kids have devoured them) that I thought I’d share.
My kids are “bar” fanatics. We don’t usually buy packaged bars that often but when we do, they go nuts. I try to make our own granola bars for numerous reasons. One – I know exactly what’s in it and can boost up the nutritional value as much as I want. Have you ever noticed that a lot of granola bars out there always have chocolate chips added? I’m not against chocolate but I’d like to have more options! And two – making your own granola bars is super easy and a lot cheaper than store bought.
If you are looking for something sweet, this the bar for you. The flavors of pumpkin and the warm seasonal spices are what comes through. To me, that’s enough. If you do want a sweeter treat, adding more maple syrup or sweetener of your choice would definitely work.
I only took one pic of the finished product but trust me they are GOOD!
- 2 1/ 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup pureed pumpkin - fresh or canned. I used canned.
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place parchment paper on the bottom of an 8 x 8 pan with extra paper sticking out the side. Set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients (oats through baking soda) in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Combine remaining wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry. Stir till combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Smooth and flatten till all corners are filled.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into bars.
Here’s what I’ve got planned for dinner this week –
Sunday: Fish Tacos
Monday: Roasted butternut squash quinoa bowls
Tuesday: Crock Pot Black Bean Mushroom Chili
Wednesday: Baked Broccoli Slaw Egg Rolls + Almond Sauce Veggie Stir Fry
Thursday: BBQ Chicken Lavash Bread “Pizza”
Saturday: Orange Tofu Veggie Bowls
And some of my favorite “PINS” from the week. It appears I’ve got sweet seasonal things on the brain.
What are you having for dinner this week?