If you are reading this on Sunday morning, I will hopefully be eating hills for breakfast. I’m running the inaugural Summerfest 10K. The joke about this race is that you can PR on this course…IF you’ve never run a 10k before. Sounds like fun, huh?
I’ve only run one 10k before. That was 2 years ago and a relatively flat course. I’m hoping to PR but it all depends on how nice the hills are to me. This could be interesting.
What’s for dinner this week?
Sunday: Grilled Salmon + veggies
Monday: Pick your egg + avocado toast
Tuesday: Black Bean Burgers + Sweet Potato Fries -> Trying a new recipe for the burgers.
Wednesday: Peanut Crispy Tofu Salads/Wraps
Thursday: Zucchini Pancakes
Friday: Grilled Chicken over Spinach Pesto Pasta
Saturday: Wing it
What are you having for dinner this week?
High Five Friday is here again!
1. Showing off our best three legged dog, eagle pose and down dog for #StopDropandYoga.
2. Blogger friends are the best. This Embrace the Hill tank from Sarah is absolutely perfect – great fit, super soft all while the money goes to CHaD in New Hampshire. It’s also Boston colors to motivate me for my goal of a BQ (one day…). It is also my high school colors. I may have started singing our fight song at some point while wearing it! I might need to wear this tank for Sunday’s 10k as a reminder to lean into the hill as I tackle the hills.
3. Testing out the Bia Sport GPS Watch and comparing the numbers to my Garmin. Call it #ArmCandy for runners.
4. Ron is the best! He sweated buckets over the grill on Wednesday when it was 95 degrees for this yummy dinner. All I had to do was come home from work and it was plated, ready for me to eat!
5. The #RunRise was back this week!
1. Would you get a tattoo to commemorate a race you ran? Check out these 38 Amazing Running Race Tattoos. The runner’s high tattoo is kind of cool…
2. For the Moms and Dads – 10 Things I’d Love to Do to My Children Once They are Adults. I’m holding onto this list for future reference.
3. Train like a lady lumberjack – Looking for a non-traditional sport that can give you a killer body? Lumberjack’s don’t mess around.
4. Yoga class for stoners – Seriously? This just made me laugh, not because I’m stoned, but because it’s really a class. “Put that in your pipe and smoke it!”
5. Cross training and running – Do you believe cross training and running go together? I’m chatting about why and how I like to cross train on Competitor.com and Saucony 26 Strong.
What would you like to high five today?