Last night after the kiddos went to bed, I went down in my basement and ran 6 wonderful miles for a tempo run. Usually I will do a tempo or speed run on Tuesday or Thursday morning before the kids wake up. I thought I’d mix it up and do it after a long day on my feet at work. Sounds like a recipe for a horrible run, right? It actually was GREAT! And you know why? I wore these bad boys to work today:
Pro Compression socks! (I didn’t wear my Nike Tempo shorts to work unfortunately. The hot pink was hiding underneath my boring scrubs). My feet and calves felt wonderful all day! My shoes actually felt like they fit better, too. If I had worn regular socks to work, I don’t think my run would have been as good. Now I just need to try an actual run in them!
My “Go To” Stretches
I thought I’d put a little video together to show you my favorite “Go To” stretches after a run. Actually, these stretches are ones I will do anytime I need a little lengthening in my life. And really, who doesn’t? I learned a few things while shooting this video:
- Cooper likes to do weird things behind me when I do a video.
- My neighbors have a really loud lawn mower.
- When my yoga mat is out it means pile all your toys on it to my kids.
- I have to find a way to hide the camera but still use a tripod when the kids are around.
- My “director” didn’t like the video and decided to cut the production short. He didn’t even want his name put on the credits.
Never a dull moment in the HFM household! I’m sure all of the parents out there can appreciate the video.
Here’s a list of the stretches if you don’t want to watch the video. But I highly suggest you do just for a few smiles!