I’ve got a bonus today for all of you! In addition to my weekly meal plan, I’m sharing my Coconut Banana Muffin recipe. But first, let’s talk meal planning.
This week I’m all about grilling. It just brings out so much flavor that it’s hard to resist. Plus, it’s quick and you can be outside. Now if only the forecast for rain everyday next week is wrong…
Sunday: Hake (white fish) tacos and grilled veggies
Monday: Green smoothies and Almond Butter Toast
Tuesday: Spinach Burgers + roasted sweet potato fries. I haven’t forgotten – will share the burger recipe soon!
Wednesday: Thai Quinoa Salad
Thursday: 4th of July cookout – Beef burgers and Black Bean. My favorite recipe is based on this ONE.
Saturday: Grilled Chicken and Veggie Kabobs
After posting a picture of the finished product on Instagram last week, I was bombarded with requests for my Coconut Banana Muffins recipe. We rarely have brown bananas but when we do, I like to save some to make these muffins. Super easy and delicious.
- 1¾ Cups white whole wheat flour
- ¼ Cup coconut flour (almond flour or more white whole wheat would work too)
- ¼ Cup unsweetened shredded coconut (or more depending on your love of coconut)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed (the browner the better)
- ½ Cup virgin coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ Cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ Cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Lightly grease or line a muffin tin.
- In medium bowl, combine first eight ingredients.
- In a stand mixer, add mashed bananas, coconut oil, eggs and maple syrup. Beat for one minute.
- Add milk, vinegar and vanilla and beat one more minute.
- Add dry to wet ingredients and beat till combined.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin, filling ¾ of the way full.
- Bake 24-27 minutes or until toothpick comes clean.
Just a reminder that Google Reader is leaving for good as of July 1st (tomorrow). I’ve been using BlogLovin’ and really like it to keep up to date on all my favorite blogs. Here’s a great tutorial on how to transfer everything from Google Reader. And don’t forget to follow Happy Fit Mama so you’ll never miss a post!
What are you having for dinner this week?