I’ve got a delicious recipe for you today!
Most days of the week, you can find me eating oats for breakfast. But sometimes I like to get a little crazy and try something new. A big ol’ bowl of fruit, granola and yogurt has made it’s way into the rotation. Well, now there’s something new.
Key Lime Yogurt Parfaits.
But really, these are good anytime of the day. Not just for breakfast.
As part of my partnership with Stonyfield, I was sent some of the great products from Barlean’s. If you are not familiar with them, you should be. I’ve tried their Omega Swirls before and loved it. It’s the best way to get in your Omega-3 without any nasty fish burps. If you’ve taken fish oil supplements before, you know what I mean. We like fish in our family so we eat it at least once a week. Well, most of us do. My daughter is not a fan. The Fish Oil Omega Swirl is the perfect way for her (and all of us!) to get the Omegas that she needs.
The whole family has enjoyed the Omega Swirls by the spoonful, swirled in oatmeal or mixed with yogurt. With yummy flavors like key lime, pomegranate, lemon and orange swirl, it tastes like dessert more than fish oil. And there is zip, zero, zilch fishy taste or after taste.
Each one tablespoon serving has 1,500 mg EPA/DHA. There’s no artificial flavors or colors, no sugar (sweetened naturally with Xylitol) and it’s gluten free and non-GMO.
- 2 (5.3 oz size cups) Stonyfield Plain Whole Milk Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Barlean's Key Lime Omega Swirl Fish Oil
- Fresh lime juice (optional)
- ¾ C raw cashews
- ¾ C raw walnuts
- 9 dates (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes and then drained)
- 1 Tbsp Barlean's Flax, Chia, Coconut Blend
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt
- In a bowl, mix together Greek yogurt and Omega Swirl Fish Oil. If desired, you may add a teaspoon of fresh squeezed lime juice. Set aside.
- In food processor, place all crumble ingredients. Blend till combined and resembles a sticky crust.
- Assemble parfaits by scooping 2-4 large spoonfuls of crumble into a glass. Top with ⅔ of yogurt mixture followed with more crumble and a dollop of additional yogurt.
Depending on your hunger, this can make 2-4 parfaits. I filled my cups to the top for presentation sake. You can also add additional shredded coconut or bananas. The sky’s the limit!
In addition to the delicious Omega Swirls, Barlean’s has a wide variety of oils, super seed mixes (the Flax, Chia, Coconut Blend is our favorite!) and greens. Check it out – we all could use a little extra nutritional boost to our food.
[Tweet “These Key Lime Yogurt Parfaits are a great source of protein and Omega-3! @stonyfield @barleans”]
How do you like to up the nutrition in your family’s food?