How was your long holiday weekend? I’m still enjoying mine since Tuesday is always my day off. Woo-hoo! In case you missed it, yesterday I posted a vlog recapping my first week of marathon training. Click here to catch up on how it’s going.
Snapshots of My Weekend
1 scoop Vega Chocolate Protein Powder
1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
Sprinkling of raw oats
Definitely hit the spot served over ice! When I first tried Vega, I was kind of turned off. I don’t use Stevia or any other type of sweetner like that so it was definitely noticeable to me. I’ve found the more I mix in it the better it tastes. And it has to be really cold, too.
The theme of the weekend was spending as much time as possible outside and around water. We finally bought the kids a water and sand table.
On Monday we went to the beach. Where else would you spend Memorial Day? It was our first time this season and the kids were in heaven. So much to see and do!
1. This is an oddity to get both kids looking at the camera and no one is crying or screaming! (If you have more than one child, you can appreciate this 🙂 ).
2. Notice Avery’s sandals? Cute, right? When we were in the store looking for sandals, she cried and cried that we were even going to attempt to put those same shoes on her feet. Now she won’t take ’em off! She knows what she likes and definitely what she does not like even before she is 2 years old. Oy vie! I’m in trouble!
I made my own variation of this and I can’t stop eating it. Yum!
And one more thing!
I’ve been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Laura of Chronicles of Passion.
Very cool! Thank you, Laura!
I love things like this! So here are the rules of the game:
1) Post the award logo and picture on your blog and link back to the person who nominated you.
2) Tell seven things about yourself.
3) Nominate up to 15 additional bloggers whom you think deserve the award.
4) Post a comment on the blog of each nominee to tell them they have been nominated!
Got it? Ok, here’s seven things about me:
- My perfect dessert is a spoonful of peanut butter with chocolate chips.
- I haven’t highlighted my hair in almost 2 years! I miss my lighter hair but I like the extra money in my pocket and not booking a touch up every 6 weeks.
- Every time I do yoga I swear I’m getting a pedicure that day. It never happens.
- I’m addicted to lip balm.
- I took a semester of Karate in college.
- I’ve never been to Europe.
- I use the filter, “Early Bird” way too much on Instagram. (follow me @happyfitmama).
Now on to my nominations. Here’s just a few:
4. Candy Fit
Questions of the Day
What did you do for fun over the weekend?
Which do you prefer – lake, river or ocean?