Last week one of my favorite bloggers, Amanda, posted a list of things that make her happy. In the process of writing the post, she became happy(ier). So I thought I’d share my list of what makes me happy right now cause I could always use a little more happiness in my life! And really, couldn’t we all? Like Sheryl Crow said, “If it makes you happy, it can’t be that bad!”
My Happy List
- My kids asking for big hugs and kisses.
- Singing “You Are My Sunshine” every night before bed.
- Bright blue Autumn skies
- Running pain free
- Alanis Morissette – Unplugged Jagged Little Pill. Rediscovered it on my computer and can’t stop playing it.
- Picking the kids up from daycare and hearing about their day all the way home.
- Hot showers
- The sound of rustling leaves as you walk along the sidewalk.
- Hearing both of my kids sing any song even if it is ‘Happy Birthday’ over and over again.
- Snuggling on the couch with the hubs after the kids have gone to bed and enjoying our alone time.
- Warm sunshine
- Holding hands
- Having a training plan
- New running buddies
- The ocean
- Starting the day off with a sweaty workout
- Feeling strong
- Laughter. Lots of laughter.
- Having both my kids put on my watch or race medals and proclaim “I’m running the race!”
- Freshly laundered sheets
Now it’s your turn! What makes you happy? Feel free to comment or to spread the happiness with your own blog post.