Can I get a high five for Friday? I’m not sure how it’s possible but it’s been a short but long week all at the same time. Weird. To celebrate that we made it to Friday, how ’bout a quick 5 things for Friday?
Alright. Here we go!
1. Let the Holiday baking begin. Chocolate and peppermint were made for each other.
2. A local race, Smuttynose Rockfest Marathon won’t be happening in 2014 (but the half will) due to complaints from the towns people and concern from the selectmen about closing down roads and inconveniences to residents. This was supposed to be my first marathon back in 2012 but I dropped down to the half after an injury. I thought it was a great course. It’s a shame that it’s going away but I think it’s mostly a knee jerk reaction from an accident that occurred in Hampton back in September during a charity bicycle ride. Two people were killed and two were injured after a car struck them. The good news is that a new marathon is being planned for late October in Portsmouth. Hmmmm…this might be the redemption race I’ve been looking for!
3. Speaking of running. Yup. I miss it. But it’s weird that I don’t really feel the urge to run. It’s more that I’m missing how it makes me feel during and afterwards. It’ll be 4 weeks on Sunday since my last run. (Wow. I sound like an addict.) I don’t have another PT appointment for another week. Fingers crossed I am cleared and ready for take off then.
4. We are getting a real Christmas tree this weekend. We’ve been using our “first couple” fake tree for 14 years. That tree holds a lot of memories and has seen a lot of different houses and states. I miss the smell of a fresh tree so we’re finally going live. Fingers crossed we don’t come home with a Charlie Brown tree.
5. My parents are coming to visit for Christmas! I’m super excited to have them celebrate with us this year but I’ve got to be honest. I’m a little bit more excited thinking about the date nights and/or days Ron and I can go on. We’ve been making a list of what we want to do. Snowboarding is a top priority right now. I want at least one day of carefree, kidless riding before we plunge into putting both kids in ski school. Last year, I chickened out. This year, it’s happening!
Have a great weekend!
P.S. Remember back in September when Jill and I hosted a link up for A Day in the Life? Well we’re doing it again! Join us on Friday, December 20th with your Holiday A Day in the Life. I want to be nosy and see what you have been up to this month!
What’s on your high five for Friday list?