The happy Friday dance has commenced.
Let’s get this party started and start slapping high five Friday right now!
- Sea creatures!
- Celebrating National Margarita Day last weekend. The only thing better would have been enjoying it in Mexico on the beach.
- My “trainer” helping me stretch after a run.
- It’s cold again but at least it’s pretty. AKA lies I tell myself daily to get through (hopefully) the last bit of winter.
- Triangle pose – so simple but such a great stretch for the side body and hamstrings. And it’s just pretty.
- 4 Year Old Makes Paper Dresses – This is amazing. It’s quite obvious that she doesn’t do all the designing and actual making of the dresses but it’s pretty cool to see the end result. Maybe I’m amazed by it all because both of my kids would rather be naked than wear any clothes.
- Too Many Asymmetrical Poses Can Cause SI Joint Issues – As someone who is naturally super duper flexible, this article hit home for me. I can put the palms of my hands on the floor but is it doing more harm than good? According to this article, I’m stressing my sacrum and pelvis more than it should be.
- Yoga + Muscle Leggings – Have you seen the creepy leg anatomy leggings? I think they are butt ugly but this video changed my mind. If you dig the anatomy of the human body, you’ll love this. It’s like seeing the bare muscles in action.
- How Best to Combine Strength Training and Running – I’m guilty of not hitting the heavy weights for my lower body the day before a speed session or a long run. I can’t be uber sore for my run! Research shows that leg strength is impaired up to 24 hours after a lower body strength session. This article suggests lifting in the morning then run 6 hours later. Makes sense but who has time for that?
- How to Injure Yourself Like a Pro – Love Lauren. Love how she’s real. I’m guilty of #1,4, and 5. I guess I’ve achieved pro status!
Plus one more -
Tomorrow is the first day of my #HappyFitMarch Challenge! Click HERE if you missed all the details earlier in the week. It’s going to be fun!
I hope you’ll join in!
Margarita – On the rocks or straight up?
What do you want to High 5 today?