Happy High Five Friday!
Not sure what I’m talking about? You can find out all the details HERE.
5 From Instagram
1. There’s just something about fresh fluffy snow that makes you feel like a kid again.
2. Playing with headstand. The wall is my bff.
3. I had a butt freezing (among other things) run on Tuesday. When the wind is howling and the temp is in the single digits, running outside really isn’t enjoyable. How did I survive marathon training last winter? I couldn’t fathom running 20 miles in that sh!t right now!
4. I may curse you, treadmill, but you are a lifesaver!
5. I discovered I can do full lotus recently AND elevated full lotus. Now when we “pick something up” in yoga, I really can!
1. Tried and True Running Secrets of the Flying Finns – Back in 2014 while in marathon training, the Finnish word, Sisu, became my mantra. My husband is Finnish and there’s the Paavo Nurmi Marathon near his hometown. I had heard of the great Finnish runner before but had never read his story. It’s quite interesting.
2. Is Cooking More Complicated Than It Should Be? – I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not the greatest cook ever. On occasion I’ll try a complicated recipe I find on Pinterest but 9 times out of 10, simple is best. Roasted veggies. Baked chicken or fish. Complicate things and that’s when people turn to take out. Love this article!
3. For the Mom in the Yoga Pants and Messy Bun – Last week I said I didn’t feel like wearing pants. From everyone’s response, the feeling seems universal. I’m all about comfort. Some days I’ll wear “real” clothes. Some days yoga pants/running tights/athletisure. It’s all good.
4. Kuhl Women’s Winter Outerwear Guide – See that Kuhl Flight Jacket that I’m wearing snowshoeing above? It’s in this guide. It’s an adult sized Lovie/Snuggie. You need it. And prepare yourself to be petted. A lot.
5. How Can I Start Losing Weight? – Lots of solid advice in here from 34 health and fitness experts (including me!). There’s something for everyone. Take these tips and get started!