Want to join in on sharing good news from your week? Find all the details HERE.
5 From Instagram – I share more pics on Instagram. Are you following me? Please do!
1. I bend so I don’t break.
2. I work out at home so I can hog all the equipment.
3. Handstand progress! I was able to hold one for 2.2 seconds before my foot was back on the wall.
4. Releasing rehabbed harbor seal, Oregano, back to the ocean. So cool!
5. Last weekend I had my longest continuous (no walk breaks!) run in 8 months. I finally feel like I can say I’m not injured. Woohooo!!!!
1. This is Living – Allie had me in tears reading this. How do you celebrate life? By living of course. Not by slowing dying by being inactive, overweight, tired, sick and just miserable. “Remember you are here. Remember this is your one life. Remember there is no better way to honor yourself, and those around you, then by being healthy.” YES.
2. I Won’t Apologize for the Great Life I Lead on Facebook – I don’t share a ton on Facebook but when I do, it’s 99% going to be good news or about something cute my kids did or a fun time. I’m not doing it to brag. I’m doing it because 1. I’m sharing with family members and friends who don’t see my family everyday and 2. Because it’s good news! It doesn’t mean I don’t have crappy days – Believe me I do! It just means that I don’t think it’s necessary to bring every other person down with my junk.
3.Why You Should Indulge in a Running Retreat – I may be just a teeny bit biased in sharing this but even if I didn’t attend Rise.Run.Retreat in October, I’d still share it. Like Christine, I was an injured runner at a running retreat. It sounds foolish but it was by far one of the best times I’ve had in quite some time. If you have a chance, go to a running retreat now!
4. Wear a Suit, Break a 1/2 Marathon Record – This guy just proved that forgetting your running clothes is NO excuse for missing your run after work. And he didn’t even mess up his hair. #keepitclassy
5. How to Rebuild a Life – This is about finding yourself again after a loss but I think it means so much more. “All I need to be is a human being. Heart open. Unattached. Ready to receive.” Absolutely.
Just a heads up that High 5 Friday will be taking a break for the next two weeks. I’m high 5-ing Christmas and New Year’s Day!