Happy High Five Friday!
Not sure what High Five Friday is all about? You can get the scoop HERE!
It’s an even happier High 5 Friday because after work today, I’m heading to the beach for the inaugural Rise.Run.Retreat. with some of my best bloggy friends. I’m giddy to reconnect with the friends I’ve already met in real life and to finally meet the ones I haven’t. The weather is looking horrible but we won’t let a little rain ruin our fun. I’ll be sharing our fun on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and now Periscope (I did my first scope yesterday!!) all weekend long so be sure to follow along!
5 from Instagram
1. The theme of the week has been all about balance. Balancing on a stability ball – do this. It’s wicked hard but super awesome for the core.
2. Single leg balance on the Bosu. It’s part of my physical therapy routine. Try it with your eyes closed when it’s too easy. Just make sure you have something to grab on to when you feel wobbly. And you will feel wobbly.
3. Fresh picked apples = all the things apple. My house smelled amazing with fresh out of the oven apple crisp and homemade applesauce in the slow cooker. So easy and sooooo good.
4. Can you picture the UPS driver carrying this up to my doorstep? Any guesses to what it was??
5. Fall is here!
1. Why I don’t want six pack abs – At some point six pack abs became the pinnacle of fitness. In reality, not many people can achieve it. I’d love to have my own six pack but I don’t want to live in a state of deprivation either. A good read that puts it all into perspective.
2. How yoga changes your brain – Reminds me of “This is your brain. This is your brain on yoga. Any questions?”
3. The secret to raising a happy, confident girl – “Between elementary and high school, a girl’s self-esteem drops 3.5 times more than a boy’s does.” Let’s raise our girls up to know they can rule the world.
4. Dear Society, your jeans don’t fit my muscles – Can I get an amen?!
5. Signs just begging for sarcastic responses – I love me some sarcasm!