Happy High Five Friday!
1. Yes – That’s me running! I enjoyed 10 minutes of pain free running yesterday. I got my hand slapped by my PT later that day but it felt so good to run again. I’m so hopeful that I’m on my way back!
2. Bosu lunges – BURN!
3. I came home from yoga last weekend and the light between the two trees in my backyard was screaming for a yoga pose.
4. Walking and #stopdropandyoga time.
5. Huge congrats to my run coach client, Dawn, for completing her first marathon last weekend! After getting pulled off the course at mile 20 of what was supposed to be her first marathon last spring, she jumped right back into training and rocked every prescribed run. Congrats Dawn! You ARE a marathoner!
5 Good Reads
1. When to DNS, DNF, Push Through – How to Decide – An excellent article from Amanda. This past year I’ve been lucky (haha) enough to experience my first ever DNS and DNF. They both hurt me immensely although I know deep down that it was the best decision. I always go back to the question – Do I want to run right now or do I want to run 10 years from now? That’s really what it boils down to when you are dealing with injuries.
2. Lessons Learned from Slowing My Running Pace – Everyone wants to run faster. But what if slowing down can get you there?
3. Recovery from a Stress Fracture: Life in The Boot – A good attitude is hard to find when you are living in a boot. Or really dealing with any injury that keeps you from running. Believe me – I know this. This post from Jenny shows how she survived and lived to tell about it.
4. All the Comments on Every Recipe Blog – This is too funny. The sad thing is that it’s completely real and happens all the time.
5. 105 Year Old Sets Record as Oldest Competitive Sprinter – This is about the cutest thing ever. The “Golden Bolt” is the real deal.