1. I woke up Tuesday morning to heavy cloud cover. My thoughts of a seeing a beautiful sunrise were pushed away. That is until I turned a corner and saw this. You never know what you may find!
2. A date day afternoon riding bikes along the coast and sipping on coffee. It was a gorgeous day!
3. Peaches and goat cheese pretty much rock my world.
4. Hiking with the whole fam. The promise of post hike swimming and ice cream kept the kiddos going.
5. Post workout yoga love.
What a week! In one way it was peaceful and in another it was completely on the go. I’m really looking forward to the weekend and to leaving for vacation next week. I need to get away!
I didn’t have too much time to catch up on my online reading this week, but here are 5 things that have caught my eye and I’ve bookmarked over time.
1. Prescribing Vegetables, Not Pills – Can I get an amen? While there are some cases where meds are definitely needed for conditions, so many people are searching for “cures” in pill form. If more people thought about the quality of food they are eating, the less meds everyone would need.
2. Dear Calves, I’m Sorry. Love, the Runner. – Allison and I commiserated together when we met in San Diego about our running ailments and our damn calves. I’ve apologized to my calves, but they still hate me. Maybe one day we can make nice?
3. Journal Prompts for Runners – If you are like me, you come up with the best thoughts, ideas and plans while out for a run. Take time to journal those thoughts and you may find an improvement in your running.
4. I’m Too Tight to Practice Yoga – Bull sh*t. If you are too tight than you definitely need yoga. “If you constantly self-limit yourself, you will always be where you are today.”
5. 50 States for Good – Tom’s of Maine is giving away $1,000,000 to causes you are passionate about. All you have to do is share on Twitter or Instagram your #onewaytohelp #entry #yourstate (for example, #NY, #MO, #CA) for a chance to have Tom’s of Maine give $20,000 to a nonprofit of your choice. How awesome is that? Disclaimer: I’m a Tom’s of Maine Goodness Ambassador.
What would you like to high 5 today?