I share more pictures on Instagram. Are you following me? Please do!
1. A beautiful sunrise is always worth the early morning wake up.
2. Still working on my handstand and getting comfortable being upside down.
3. My little guy isn’t so little anymore. <3
4. I lift things up and put them down.
5. My new favorite summer salad.
1. At long last…The snow pile has melted. – While I’m happy that the snow pile has finally gone away in Boston, I’m kind of disgusted what’s left behind. That’s just wrong!
2. Scott Jurek’s Appalachian Trail Record – What an amazing journey! Further proof that the human body can do some incredible stuff if you put your mind to it.
3. Hold the record lightly – Jennifer Pharr Davis held FKT Appalachian Trail record before Scott Jurek. I love that the record is not what she cherished most from that time but instead it was the “a deeper love for my husband, an increased appreciation for my support network, and a better understanding of the sacrifice it takes to accomplish something very difficult. And, like every hike, I finished the journey with a deeper sense of awe for the spirit and significance of the wilderness, and a stronger desire to give back to the trail community.” #Truth
4. One word can challenge your credibility – I read this and realized I use this word. A lot. Since then I’ve consciously tried to eliminate it as much as possible. The verdict is still out on if my credibility has gone up.
5. Halfway Through a Year Time for Reflection – I’ve said this a million times, but I’ll say it again – I love anything Kristin Armstrong writes. It made me think about my intentions/goals for the year that I made back in January. Am I on pace? Hardly, since my foot injury has had me sidelined. Rather than throw my hands up and say “Screw my goals for this year!”, I’m making new goals for the 2nd half. I’m hoping to get some answers today as I head in for an MRI of my foot…more to come on that next week.
What would you like to high 5 today?