1. Sunrise over the bay. #nofilter needed
2. Can you tell I like being by the water a lot?
3. I’ve been committed to all things strength lately and am really feeling it the benefits.
4. Happy places = happy faces.
5. If I can only click my ruby red Saucony’s three times to be relaxing by a waterfall again!
1. Yoga: The new barefoot running – As much as I love my running shoes, I would be happiest if I didn’t have to wear shoes at all. I think that’s one of my favorite things about summer – Is there anything better than the feel of grass on your barefeet? But my feet don’t love me so much so I’m constantly trying to strengthen them up.
2. Balancing the scales of training and life – A little self promotion – Here’s my latest article for Competitor about how to wrangle marathon training and life. It’s one of those things that can easily consume every single second of your life until you absolutely loathe running. Which is what you don’t want. You love running, remember?!
3. 40 Powerful Mantras to Help You Think Positive – On days when it seems like there’s doom and gloom everywhere, it’s easy to get sucked into the abyss. Remember a few of these mantras for those times.
4. New Safety Device for Women Runners – This device looks pretty cool. After my creeper scare last fall, I definitely am more frightened to run in the early morning. It’s not right at all. But this seems like a better alternative than mace, which can be used on you rather than a attacker.
5. The Process – As someone who has no patience, this is perfect for me. Especially right now with my tendonitis. It’s definitely a process that is taking much longer than I thought it would. And my hopes of having a summer and fall filled with races, crushing goals? Not really. I’m crushing another goal – fix this foot for good!
“The process is unfolding. Outcomes uncertain. I will invest every single day.”
What would you like to High 5 today?