This post was created in partnership with Citi®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
What a week! It started off relatively calm until I got home from work Monday evening. Let’s just say Cooper was having some digestive issues after breaking into the food cupboards (again!). Two area rugs, a down comforter and countless number of cleaning tools later, we were free of all the poo that was tracked through the house. The childproof locks are definitely back on the cabinets now!
It’s high five Friday so let’s start slapping some skin!
- We got slammed with a huge snowstorm Wednesday. I always love when the day after a storm is a gorgeous, sunny, blue sky type of day. Makes all the snow just a little bit more bearable. I’m still counting down till Spring though.
- This pic is from the day before the storm. Notice the almost bare patio? Not so bare anymore…
- I’m absolutely loving this dairy free “cheese” sauce on everything. It’s good on everything and is so easy to make with only 5 ingredients. The “Nooch” wins again!
- A desperately needed closet purge. I’ve been really, really hating on all my clothes lately. I finally decided enough was enough. I got rid of things that I had not worn in a year, had stains and I just did not like. Now I just need to replenish what’s gone. The only problem? I’m sick of looking at winter clothes but I don’t want to buy clothes that I won’t wear for many more months. #firstworldproblems, huh?
- Eagle Pose – I love how this pose twists and compresses the whole body. Great for opening up tight shoulders and upper back from typing and sitting.
- Countless Uses for Coconut Oil – I’m not a huge fan of coconut flavor but I love using coconut oil and coconut flour. Who knew you could use it as a deodorant or for head lice? Not that I have head lice or anything.
- Treadmill Myths Busted! – I just love this. Especially the first one. Read it for a good laugh.
- 12 Priciest Fitness Classes – Spinning + swimming. Spring resistance + Barre. These classes sound awesome but I don’t think I’d spend up $60 a class. Have you done any on the list? If so, do tell!
- 37 Life Lessons in 37 Years – My birthday is coming up next month. I’ve been thinking of making a bucket list that I want to accomplish in the next year. Just like My Reverse Bucket List, I love how this looks back at your life so far rather than jumping ahead. Don’t be surprised if you see a list like this in the near future from me. Except it’ll be 36 not 37. Let’s not speed up the aging process at all.
- The Winter Olympics are here! I can’t wait to see all my favorites – downhill skiing, ice skating, speed skating and of course the ever exciting curling. Last week I posted a link about the rising amount of injuries in yoga as well as skiing and snowboarding. Olympic Gold Medalist, Picabo Street is joining the Stay on the Slopes Initiative in educating people on injury prevention and recovery by providing funds for testing equipment, exercise machines and other technology. Citi”s Every Step of the Way program wants to help more potential athletes. It’s got $500,000 that it will donate to one of many initiatives in need. Check it out and you can help decide!
One more thing – Today is Go Red for Women! Wear anything red to help spread awareness of women and heart disease.