High Five Friday is here!
1. This week in the Shape/Men’s Fitness Fitbit Challenge, it was all about trying something new to rack up the steps/day. I did a little Google search and came up with a fun dance-inspired workout. Over 7000 steps before 7 a.m.? Not bad! Be sure to check out which coast is in the lead.
2. Sunrise. And 9 degrees. Brrrrrrr!
3. Over the weekend, I did my last long run before Honolulu. Even though I am no way near racing shape after having to take 5 weeks off from running, I’m feeling pretty good. I can’t believe we are leaving in one week!
5. Pears and dried cherries are my favorite salad combination.
1. Boston Marathon volunteer registration opens up January 6th! If you have ever thought of being a race volunteer, this is the one. I’ve had a bunch of friends do it over the years. They say it’s the most rewarding (but exhausting) thing they’ve ever done.
2. 3 Recovery Smoothies from Team Stonyfield – Speaking of the Boston Marathon, check out these great smoothies from a couple of my teammates and me.
3. 5 Things Marathon Training Teaches You – I love this post from Heather. Actually, I love everything she writes just because she brings me back to my home state of Michigan. I can not wait to meet her in April when she runs Boston too!
4. The Mental Edge of Athletes Who Win – I’ve said it over and over again. Running/racing is way more than just a physical activity. When your mental game is off, you will lose. Big time. That’s why it’s just important to train the brain as much as the body. Something I’m constantly trying to improve on.
5. Advice to Our Younger Self – What would you tell your younger self? I’d definitely tell the 20 something Angela to ditch the gym scene and run more. That and stop worrying what other people think of her.
What would you like to high 5 today?
Plans for the weekend?