Look what’s back! It’s been quite some time but High Five Friday is here again. I share more pictures on Instagram. Are you following me?
1. The Arctic freeze has me trying to remember what warmth feels like. It’s hard to believe this was less than a month ago in Hawaii!
2. I’ve been sick all week with a lovely virus that zapped my voice. Thankfully it’s not strep throat, just a nasty virus. What better way to cure a cold than with a warm bowl of Two Bean Veggie Chili?
3. So I’m trying to find my yoga practice. And apparently my kids are too. I love that they want to join me. Just not at 5:45 a.m.!
4. First time getting the kids on skates and my first time in 20 years? I needed the little walker just as much as Miss A!
5. My physical therapist convinced me I needed a Bosu for home. I always used it at the gym when I had a membership. Should have bought one years ago. Best thing ever for working on balance and all my other weaknesses.
1. 3 Ways to Keep Your Bum Warm on Cold Runs – This is timely info for the majority of the country right now. No one wants to be a cold ass.
2. Strength Training Workouts for Every Runner – Now is not the time to slack off. Listen to Allie. She knows her stuff!
3. Tough Mudder to Use Tear Gas – This definitely does not deserve a high 5. I’ve never done a Tough Mudder and will never do one. Why would you pay to get gassed?
4. In Their Own Words: Girls on Self-Esteem – This is a must read for every woman and every mother. The drawings are amazing. The girls (ages 12-22) put their thoughts into words so well. What better way to get to the root of how to increase the self-esteem of young girls than from their own mouths?
5. 87-year old Grandmother breaks Marathon Record in Honolulu – After running that same race, I bow down to you Betty Jean McHugh. You are one inspiring lady!
What would you like to high 5 this week?