Time for another High Five Friday!
After the fun of last week, I was more than ready for a low key kind of week. It was and I’m sincerely thankful!
5 From Instagram
- Another round of #HumbleAsana is back on Instagram thanks to Nichole from Humble Beginnings Yoga! The first pose of the series was easy pose with Pranayama breathing. This picture is an outtake from when the kids got in on the fun. I told them both to close their eyes. Mr. L really got into it.
- After a January thaw of temps in the 40s and most of our snow melted, we got dumped on last weekend. Our backyard looked like a winter wonderland.
- New tights and sports bra! Seriously loving the gear I received as part of the Move Nourish Believe campaign with Lorna Jane and Fit Approach. So soft and no tugging or adjusting while running, squatting or swinging kettlebells.
- Snowy run for #MegsMiles last Saturday. I have never seen snowflakes so huge and fluffy. It was really magical to be running in it. It was wet and sloppy but I stayed dry with my new Trailheads top that I won from Nicole a couple of weeks ago. Is it wrong that I want to wear it all the time?
- My bags are packed, I’m ready to go! Lately I’ve been working out after work one day a week. I’m usually a super early morning workout kind of person so it’s taking some time getting used to it. Some days I’d rather just go home but then I see my cute hot pink Apera Techpack and decide to stick around. I’ve always had black backpacks so I’m glad I decided to go bold with this one when Apera contacted me to test it out. This is one great bag with so many pockets. A bonus? There’s no way Ron will steal this backpack from me like the last one I got.
5 Fun Links
- Distance runners are a special breed of people, no? We think it’s fun to run for hours and hours, tell stories of chafing in weird places, etc. If you agree, you’ll love this list of 100 Things Only Distance Runner Understand.
- My favorite race distance by far is the half marathon. You need to train for it but it doesn’t take up mega amounts of time like a full. If you are looking for a race to sign up for, check out this list of The Best Half Marathons in the U.S. My favorite from NH didn’t make the list. Did yours?
- Bad Misspelled Names at Starbucks – I’ve had some weird names written on my cup but these take it to a whole new level.
- Looking for new blogs to read? Check out this list from Greatist of the 60 Must-Read Health, Fitness and Happiness Blogs for 2014. I follow a few already but added quite a bucnh to my ever expanding list. There really is something for everyone in this list!
- Did you know today is National Compliment Someone Day? Do we really need a day to celebrate this? Shouldn’t it be happening, naturally, everyday? According to the blurb I read, “This day is set aside to compliment at least five people. Not only are compliments appreciated by the receiver, they lift the spirit of the giver. Compliments provide a quick and easy way to connect positively with those you come in contact with. Giving compliments forges bonds, dispels loneliness and just plain feels good.” Do it today. Do it everyday!
Talk to me – What do you want to high five?