What a week!
The week started off with a bang on Monday. I had a nice workout in first thing in the morning and then it quickly went down hill from there. I dropped my iphone (of course it didn’t have it’s case on). It now has a large crack down the center of the screen. Soon after a large wooden car hit me in the temple as my son swung it around. Fabulous.
All this happened before 7 a.m.
When I got to work, I told my coworkers, based on the events of the day already, it was going to be a shitty day. And guess what? It was so freaking chaotic. To top it all off, on Thursday, my son started throwing up. I’m hoping and praying that the plague doesn’t wipe my house out.
So to say I’m ready for Friday is a huge understatement.
I was ready by 8 a.m. Monday morning.
Let’s all high five Friday together, k?
5 Favorites from Instagram
- Pumpkin Pie Millet – I thought I was over pumpkin till September. Nope. Loving this. I made a double batch so it’s ready to go first thing in the morning. Heat and eat!
- Side plank with a leg lift is one of my least favorite core exercises. It burns, I quake. Proof that I need to do it more.
- Post hill climb on the treadmill + weights. I may not love the treadmill but I’m thankful for it every single day that I can get a killer workout without leaving my house. Try THIS workout and you’ll be thankful too!
- Topo Athletic Shoes – I won these from Miss Zippy a few weeks ago. Initial thought? Camel toe! 😉 After I stopped giggling, I tried them on. My big toe didn’t get the split toes. It wanted to hang out with the others. Once I figured out how to put them on, I found they were actually really, really comfortable. I’m giving my foot/tendon a little bit more healing time before I test them out on a run. I’ll keep you posted.
- Cooper! Love my puppy dog.
- Photographic Series Showing What 200 Calories Looks Like in Different Food — If this is proof to eat real food to feel more satisfied (and you get to eat way more), I don’t know what is. Very eye opening!
- Voga – Yoga + Voguing = Voga. Ever hear of it? Supposedly it’s the next big thing. I love the 80s and all but I’m just not sure about this one. I’d go just for the music. And to wear a scrunchie again.
- #FFCheckin – Looking to stay motivated and accountable for your fitness goals? I think we all need a little support no matter where we are in our health and fitness journey. Cause that’s what it is – a journey, not a destination. I’ll be checking in and I highly suggest you do the same. Get on instagram and let’s support each other!
- The Body Shop: Not so fast! – No one wants to be told to slow down, especially in running. But this article from Runner’s World is a great reminder to slow down your strength training exercises to reap the most benefits (particularly getting faster!).
- Meg’s Miles – I’m sure most of you have heard about the horrible, senseless death of a Virginia runner early Monday morning. Meg, a mother of three young children, was out for her morning run when a drunk driver struck and killed her. It could have been any of us. A virtual memorial run is planned for tomorrow, January 18, to help raise awareness of drunk driving, texting and driving and overall safety of runners and cyclists everywhere. I’m planning on running for Meg even if it’s one mile. Will you?
What are you high fiving today?