I love Friday but I think I love it even more during the summer.
Of course, two days off from work is the best part but it also gives me time for a long run, beach time, fun time, down time, family time.
Time to just BE.
Now that deserves a big ol’ High Five Friday!
Are you following me on Instagram? You should!
1. Dude runner was definitely checking out my new Target C9 gear.
2. You can call me Coach Ang now!
3. Family time at the lake. Such a fun day in the sun, relaxing and swimming.
4. Super cute tank and headbands from BIC Bands. Don’t forget you can get 10% off your order with code ANGELABIC at checkout. All BIC Bands purchases this month will help raise funds for Team Challenge for Crohn’s and Colitis.
5. Sunrise run, I love you! All this weekend, Saucony is hosting their latest challenge for the Find Your Strong Project and it’s all about sunrise runs. Snap a pic, share it on Instagram, tag @Saucony and #FYSSunriseRun for a chance to win a prize. You know I will be sharing mine!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Popsicles. There’s nothing better to beat the heat of summer than with popsicles. Add peanut butter and “jelly” and it’s a winning combination.
Loon Mountain Race/U.S. Mountain Running Championships – New Hampshire’s own Loon Mountain hosted this championship this year. I know quite a few people who did the race. The photos are amazing – so much grit, determination, spirit and even smiles. Looking at the photos, I had thoughts of “I so want to do this race next year!” to “Well, that looks painful!”
Strides – Do you do strides? I just started incorporating them more into my runs in the past 2 months. A simple technique that can make all the difference on race day.
Why So Many Kids Can’t Sit Still in School Today – Interesting read from a pediatric occupational therapist regarding the increase in ADHD in kids. While I don’t think the lack of movement is the reason for all kids being diagnosed, I definitely think kids don’t move nearly as much as they should. What are your thoughts?
Arm Strengthening Exercises for Runners – An upper body weight workout approved and created by Elite Runner Tina.
What would you like to high five today?