Ahhh Friday! You are always welcome. I had a short work week again but I still love Friday.
How ’bout a high five Friday of all things I’m loving right now? Big thanks to Tina for giving me the inspiration for this.
- Beans, beans the magical fruit! Stay tuned for a new chili recipe coming your way next week.
- Winter sunrises. The cold air makes for some absolutely stunning sunrises.
- Little kids shoes are just too cute. My daughter is absolutely loving her Nike’s. She is super excited to show off her speed skills during the kiddos first indoor soccer practice Saturday.
- I completely forgot I owned this shirt. Nothing like a little self promotion, huh?
- After frigid temps for days, it felt amazing to be outside in “tropical” temps of 30 degrees last Sunday. We spent the morning walking in the woods and sledding. I forgot how much of a workout sledding can be, especially when you pull a 35+ pound toddler in a sled.
Five Fun Things
- After 7 months, I am finally getting my hair cut. I’m holding myself to one of my goals for the year. Self care will happen! Maybe I’ll be really crazy and add in a pedicure finally.
- My skin takes a beating with endless handwashing at work and home. I’m loving Trader Joe’s Coconut Body Butter. It’s super affordable, thick but not greasy. My hands are still dry but this keeps them comfortable for a lot longer than most lotions.
3. New running shoes! I wanted another pair of sneakers to rotate with my Mizuno Wave Rider 17s. My Saucony Guide 6’s were in dire need of retirement (hello baby toe sticking out the side!). I completely forgot that the Outlet shops near me have a Saucony store. I scored a serious deal – $75 for a shoe that I would have paid $120 at another store. Bam!
4. Kabocha squash and massaged kale. I’m living on that stuff right now.
5. I’m working on a new blog design. I’ve been wanting to change things for a very long time and now it’s finally going to happen! Stay tuned for a new and improved HFM.
Five Pinterest Finds
Side note: As many of you know, I’m a FitFluential Ambassador. I’ve had some truly amazing opportunities through them. If you love being active, love fitness, are a personal trainer, yoga teacher, just getting started on your fitness journey, or whatever, FitFluential is for you!
Your FitFluential membership has no fees or contracts, but in 2014, we will have some serious perks for our members. You will be eligible for exclusive discounts and giveaways as well as VIP access invites to special events in your area.
The more of us that are involved, the bigger the perks for all. It’s super easy to sign up and it’s FREE!
And don’t forget to mention that I referred you! Sign up to be FitFluential here.
Do you have 5 things you want to share?