Happy, happy Friday!
So…Wednesday’s post was definitely a hot topic.
Let me just clarify one thing right away – When I say I don’t like encouragement in a race, what I mean is that it does not do anything for me as far a motivation. When a fellow runner does say ‘good job’ or whatever, I’m not pissed, hold any anger or otherwise not accept the compliment. I’ll smile, say thanks, thumbs up, etc. I don’t think it has anything to do with my self esteem (or lack of), confidence, being rude, unhappy, a sore loser, unfriendly or being overly sensitive.
It’s just not my thing.
Someone compared it to child birth. Everyone has their own preference in the delivery room. Some like complete calm and quiet. Others like a loud cheering section to push them through the rough points. I think that sums it up quite well.
Everyone is different and that’s ok!
If you enjoy dishing out encouragement during a race, by all means do it.
That’s all I have to say about that.
Let’s start slapping some skin for High Five Friday!
1. Green grass, blue skies = happy humans and doggies.
2. Rise, shine and run.
3. Pretty azalea bush in my backyard.
4. First stalks of asparagus from our garden. They were delish!
5. Sunrise runs will never get old.
Since it’s Mother’s Day on Sunday, I thought it would be appropriate to do something for the Mother Runner’s out there. A gift guide would have been nice but it’s been a busy week and I haven’t had much computer time. So instead, you’re getting –
Top 5 Things a Mother Runner Wants on Mother’s Day
1. Running clothes and gear. Mama needs to look good while she’s sweating and working hard.
2. To go for a run. Maybe you could join her today?
3. A massage. Mama’s muscles are sore from carrying you (and all your gear) around. That and she just ran a ton of miles last week.
4. A pedicure. Mama’s feet are tired, blistered, calloused and u.g.l.y.
5. To spend time with her family relaxing. Mama needs to put her feet up and rest. May I suggest a long family nap?
What would you like to high 5 today?
What’s your Mother’s Day wish?