My body has impeccable timing.
Right now I should be in Pennsylvania for the Runner’s World Half & Festival. Did you catch the should part? Instead my body decided to revolt on me.
Tuesday night I went to bed with a niggle in my throat.
Wednesday morning the niggle was still there. But I ran anyway and felt pretty lackluster. Later that morning, I started to get achy and stuffed up. By the time I went to bed, I was feeling pretty crappy. I hoped a good night’s sleep would make it all better.
Thursday morning I woke up with aches, chills, sore throat and sinuses that were pounding. Perfect condition to hop on a plane to run 4 races in 3 days, right?!?! I kept hoping things would get better as the morning went on. I showered. Ate something. Walked the kids to school. But I still felt like shit. There was no way I was going to Pennsylvania.
So I pulled the plug on it even though I felt like a complete jerk. I know it was the right thing to do – I would be completely useless all weekend and would probably end up staying in my hotel room most of the time because my head can’t stop pounding. But still. I’ve wanted to do this race for years. And after everything RW did get me there. I feel horrible.
I spent all day Thursday on the couch. I’m guessing Friday will be the same thing.
So Happy High Five Friday. Hopefully you are having a better Friday than me!
5 from Instagram – I share more pics on Instagram. Are you following me? Please do!
1) If you do following me on Insta, you know that I can not get enough of the fall colors. Everything is so amazingly beautiful right now! And FYI – The Xodus ISO from Saucony are a-w-e-s-o-m-e!
2) After Rise.Run.Retreat I had to get the Lea Pullover from KUHL because so many of the girls had it and it was adorable. And looked ridiculously comfy. Just so you know – it’s perfect and now I want one in every single color. FYI – you can now catch all of my articles for the KUHL Born in the Mountains in one spot. Check it out!
3) It’s always a good day for a good run.
4) If you’ve been reading my blog for some time, you know that Sarah was my BRF during Boston training. We went through so much during that training period and than our antics of actually getting to Hopkinton on Marathon Monday…it was so much fun. The last time we ran together was just before Boston. We had hoped to train together for Chicago last year too. But then I was injured during that whole time. And then she moved 40 minutes away. We had made dates to meet up and run in the past 1.5 years but there’s always been something that came up. Until last Sunday! It felt so good to catch up and to fall back into our long run conversations. Hopefully we can make it happen more often. I promised her I’d make a point to run with her as she trains for Boston 2017.
5) Natural beauty at it’s best.
1) Heather Jackson Finishes 3rd at Ironman Kona – I cry like a baby every time I watch Ironman Kona. It’s just unbelievable to see the human spirit and what the body can endure. Heather’s finish was the first American Pro to podium in 10 years AND she’s originally from New Hampshire. Woohoo!
2) The Connecting Power of Mother/Daughter Journals – I love this idea from Carla. I think my daughter would totally get into this. And now that I think about it, my son too.
3) Breaking My Leg Made Me a Better Mother – Loved this post about appreciating nature rather than charging through it. When’s the last time you stopped to take in the view?
4) Behind the Scenes of Rise.Run.Retreat – Allie tells the true story of how it really was. Day drinking, binge drinking, not speaking to each other except in texts…Thanks for spilling the beans Allie!
5) Tale of the Tufts 10k – Try not to cry as hard as I did at this one.
What would you like to High 5 today?