Happy High Five Friday!
I hope you had a great week and are looking forward to an awesome weekend. I’m quite bummed that the trail race I had planned on running on Sunday was cancelled. I don’t know the reason. It’s the second race locally this past week that has pulled the plug the week of the race. What’s up with that? Not cool. Not cool at all.
5 Good Things to Read
Those We Run With, To and For – If Kristin Armstrong wrote it, you know it’s gotta be good. Read and shake your head YES! throughout.
Glittering Giants of the Canadian Rockies – This post on the KUHL blog from Nicole made me think of the trip of a lifetime my family took back when I was 8. We spent the summer traveling across the northern US, Canada and up to Alaska. We actually went inside glaciers during portions of the trip and saw amazing sights that I will never forget. Those sights are still ingrained in my brain 30 years later.
Do Something That Scares You – I always think of lululemon bags when I hear that phrase but it really is true. Get out of your comfort zone. Do something that scares the pants off of you. What do you have to lose?
A Poetic Tribute to Those Early Risers – Love Sarah’s latest post (a poem!) for Women’s Running. I haven’t been running in the early morning for the past couple of weeks but I’ve found some potential new running buddies. Hallelujah for the Sisterhood of the Early Risers!
Dear Men…Take the Photo – I take a lot of pictures for the blog and of life in general. But in reality, I’m not in a ton with my kids. I’m usually behind the camera/phone. After reading this post, I realized I need to be in more pics. So Ron, take the photo please.
5 from Instagram – I share more pics on Instagram. Are you following me? Please do!
- Fall is in the air. And on the trees. And on the ground. It seems so early and I’m kind of afraid of what it means for the winter. The acorn situation and the squirrelly-ness of the squirrels in my backyard has me thinking it’s going to be a hard winter. Fingers crossed Old Wives Tales are wrong!
- I had a blast running 7 miles of trails with my friend Jess (and she’s also my massage therapist!). I was a little afraid of where she was going to take me after hearing her tales of basically making her own trails most of the time. Thankfully, no bushwacking was needed and I got to see an area I’ve never been before.
- Last weekend we went to The Caterpillar Lab to see some amazing creatures. It was so cool to see all the varieties. There were even some that looked just like sticks. The kids loved it. Although one kiddo had nightmares that night. He thought his bed was infested with caterpillars! Lol.
- Hills. Hills. Hills. I can’t believe I used to run away from hills. This stretch is a crazy long lung burner but is so awesome for building strength. You see a hill. I see an opportunity!
- Mid day sunshine filled runs have been my thing this week. With how dark it’s been in the morning, my mind has paralyzed me with fear. Fingers crossed I can meet up with some new sunrise chasers next week!