What is it with holiday weeks? I swear this work week was way longer than 4 days. Friday couldn’t come fast enough.
5 from Instagram – I share more pics on Instagram. Are you following me? Please do!
- Catch me if you can! This is by far one of my favorite places to snap a pic while out on a run.
- Trail pondering. Kailey and I did 8.6 miles of a new to us trail Monday morning. Things stayed interesting when a fellow runner spooked us when it looked like he had a black face mask on as he came running towards us. Dude. It wasn’t that cold! FYI – It was just a black hat. At the end of the trail we came up behind a man walking with a shot gun. He was a hunter but still. We turned around rather quickly and high tailed it out of there.
- “Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it.” – Oprah Winfrey -> YES!!
- Tighten up that ponytail! It’s go time!
- Running long seems so short with friends. 14 miles of chatting and random paces with Nicole on a Saturday morning.
- Do You Know What to Do if Your Life is in Danger While on a Run – With the recent murders of 3 runners last month, safety while running is on everyone’s mind. This is a must listen!
- What I Really Wish I Would Have Said to the Teacher Who Called About My Child’s Behavior – Everyone’s thoughts are on back to school right now. This is totally awesome. Let’s acknowledge more good please!
- Things Fictional Runners Do That We Just Laugh At – Seriously. I always laugh at #1, #2, #6 and #7 – Can we get a runner on set please?
- 10 Ways to Raise Brave Girls – The thing with having boy/girl twins is that I see how differently boys and girls are at the same age. I try to encourage both of my kids to be brave and let them do their own thing. This -> “Bravery is learned. Build it into our girls’ hearts, brains and bodies now and we’ll raise a new generation of badass female forces”. YES!
- Runner’s World Half & Festival – Remember when I said had more race coming up in October. I’m headed to Pennsylvania for the Runner’s World Half & Festival October 14-16 as an influencer. I’ve been wanting to do this race for years so I’m quite excited. I’m registered for all 4 (!!!!) races – 3.8 trail on Friday, 5k and 10k on Saturday and Half on Sunday. I can guarantee I won’t be racing all 4. I was questioning if my body could handle all the mileage but hey – when in
RomeBethlehem – you gotta run ALL the races, right?!?! If you want to join me, you can get 10% off your registration with code HappyFitMamaBlog at checkout. It’s going to be crazy fun!
I want to keep the High 5 Friday love going so this week I’m starting High 5 Friday LINK LOVE! It’s a way for you to share a favorite post from the week so more eyes can see it. Please only share one post and make sure it’s related to running, fitness, health or a healthy recipe.
I hope you’ll link up and maybe find some new blogs to read. I know I’m always looking for more!