April is here and that means my #HappyFitMarch Challenge is done!
For those of you who may be new, I hosted my first ever photo-a-day challenge in March. I love doing challenges like this since I have a wee bit of an Instagram addiction. Lots of you participated and it made my day to see your pictures coming through my feed on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Get ready for photo overload!
Here’s a recap of my pictures:
1. Run or walk 1 mile. Time it. – Mile 1 of my 5 mile run.
2. Favorite healthy fat. – So hard to choose just one. Chia seeds, avocado, almonds and sunflower seeds.
3. Meatless Monday. – Not too hard since I usually do anyway. A days worth of meatless meals – quinoa “oats”, southwestern veggie pizza and a sauté of spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, leeks topped with a crumbled Sunshine Burger and pasta sauce.
4. Set a new plank PR. – I can’t do just a standard forearm plank and hold it for xx minutes. Too boring! I mix it up with side plank, thread the needle, knee to elbow and more.
5. Pay it forward. Paid for the coffee of the person behind me at Starbucks. I’ve always wanted to do that!
6. Set a bridge PR. – I usually don’t time my bridge variations, just count reps. This was a burner!
7. Favorite veggie. – Again, hard to pick just one but roasted Brussels sprouts are in the top 5.
8. Run or walk 1 mile. Compare it to day 1. – Fastest mile of my 6 miler.
9. Do as many pushups as you can in 2 minutes. – 51! Two minutes is VERY long in pushup time.
10. Track your water intake. – I drink nonstop from morning till night. 93+ ounces for the day.
11. Burpees for 2 minutes. – 39 and I was toast afterwards. Burpees obviously hate me too.
12. Yoga for at least 15 minutes. – Yoga for Runners from YogaDownload.com is one of my favorites that’s 25 minutes and targets all the major running muscles.
13. Favorite healthy snack. – Loving 5 Ingredient Cookies from Minimalist Baker.
14. Single leg squats. – The look of concentration while trying to stay upright and take a selfie while squatting.
15. Run or walk 1 mile. Compare to day 1 and 8. – First mile from my first ever 5k!
16. Eat a veggie at breakfast. – Eggs over spinach with a black bean, pineapple, pepper salsa.
17. Green smoothie and wish me Happy Birthday! – Gotta get the green in for St. Paddy’s Day!
18. Meditate for 5 minutes. – Found a sunny spot and just breathed.
19. Treat yourself. – My first fix with Stitchfix! <—-Referral link
20. Favorite fruit. – Another hard one to choose just one. I’m dreaming of fresh peaches, blueberries and raspberries picked from the farm this summer.
21. Favorite yoga pose. – Triangle always feels good.
22. Run or walk 1 mile. Compare to days 1, 8, 15. – A hatless run! Had to work my butt off against the wind for my fastest mile, 7:38.
23. Meal plan for the week. – Every Sunday on the blog!
24. Take 10 minutes to stretch. – Ragdoll is always good.
25. Wall squat PR. – I’ve never timed my wall squats before. I think I must have blacked out or something because 14 minutes is just crazy. Keeping my mind occupied with my IG and Twitter feed passed the time.
26. Try a new workout. – I haven’t done Pilates in years. Kind of fun and hard!
27. Thankful Thursday. Thankful for these three people every single day.
28. Pamper yourself. – Pampered my muscles with an easy morning flow to start the day.
29. Run or walk 1 mile. Compare to day 1, 8, 15, 22. – Finished my 9 mile run with my fastest non racing mile – 7:22.
30. Clean it out. – Cleaned out my workout/running shoes. I’ve got a few new pairs of yard work shoes now!
31. Show you smiling #HappyFit face! – The end of a long day but I’m still smiling!
And here’s a recap of some of the superstars from the challenge:
- Day 1 – Run or walk 1 mile via @kelatz
- Day 2 – Favorite Healthy Fat via @grab_your_kicks
- Day 3 – Meatless Monday via @stshasteen
- Day 4 – Plank PR via @vitatrain4life
- Day 7 – Favorite Veggie via @fitrunningmama
- Day 8 – Run or Walk 1 Mile via @cassbekk – Best scenery hands down!
- Day 9 – Pushups for 2 minutes via @mariettelinscott and @kaileyingerman. Two of my running buddies getting in on the fun!
- Day 10 – Track Your Water Intake via @mommymightgocrazy. Great app called Waterlogged if you need reminders to drink up!
- Day 11 – Burpees for 2 minutes via @2007mom. Well said.
- Day 12 – Yoga for 15 minutes via @krystalrae1
- Day 13 – Favorite Healthy Snack via @making_her_proud
- Day 14: One legged squats via @lilfancynancy
- Day 15: Run or walk one mile. Compare to day 1 and 8 via @mcmmama who rocked her last mile of RNR USA Half Marathon last weekend.
- Day 16: Eat a veggie at breakfast via @mommymightgocrazy
- Day 17: Green smoothie via @fitrunningmama
- Day 18: Meditate for 5 minutes via @runningwtg
- Day 19: Treat yourself via @daywithkt
- Day 20: Favorite fruit via @deborahbrooks14
- Favorite Yoga Pose via @DeborahBrooks
- Pamper yourself via @RebeccaJoKnits
- Run or walk 1 mile. Compare day 1, 8, 15, 22 via @MCMMama #TutusRock
- Clean it out via @mariettelinscott – Label queen!
- Show you #HappyFit smile via Melissa Gallagher
And now for the winners!
Apera Sprint Pack – Melissa Gallagher
SuperLove Tee – @KrystalRae1
Coupon for a case of Stonyfield yogurt – @Lili_Clare
Coupon for a case of Stonyfield yogurt – @RunDMC78
Topo Athletic Shoes – @MommyMightGoCrazy
Tommie Copper Gift Card – @RebeccaJoKnits
Congrats! Please email me happyfitmama at gmail.com so I can pass along your info and you can get your fabulous prizes.
Thanks again to everyone for playing along!
Who’s interested in another challenge in the future???