This post was created in partnership with Stonyfield. All opinions are my own.
There is no doubt we are a pancake loving family. It’s not uncommon for us to have pancakes for breakfast, lunch or dinner at least multiple times a week. They are so versatile that the possibilities are endless. Savory, sweet, veggie, green smoothie, flour, oatmeal, grain free. You just can’t go wrong.
February 19th – 25th is National Pancake Week. In honor of this tasty week, I wanted to share a delicious recipe that my family has been loving lately: Grain Free Coconut Flour Pancakes.
I’m not a huge coconut flavor fan but I’ve been playing around with coconut flour a little bit more in baking and cooking just for a grain free option. Even though I’m not gluten or grain free all of the time, I like to try new foods.
My first attempt at coconut flour pancakes resulted in a yummy pancake but a crumbly mess. But then I got the genius idea to up the nutritional value and the “sticky” factor by adding plain Stonyfield Greek yogurt.
It worked like a charm and made it even more delicious!
These pancakes are:
Moist (dislike that word but it’s the only word that I can think of to describe right now!)
Not over sweet
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- Fresh or frozen fruit, maple syrup, additional Greek yogurt, nut or seed butter as toppings (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk eggs and cooled to the touch coconut oil plus maple syrup, vanilla, and Greek yogurt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet. Whisk so no lumps remain.
- Heat pan or griddle over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- Pour batter onto pan/griddle and use back of a spoon to shape and flatten.
- Cook each pancake for 3-5 minutes then flip. Cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately with toppings of your choice.
Are you a pancake lover?
What’s your favorite pancake topping?