This is a sponsored post on behalf of Barlean’s. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that I love.
With the heat (and humidity) of summer in full effect, I am craving nothing but cooling foods. Number one on the list? Ice cream. I would love to eat ice cream everyday but my body rejects that idea. Instead, I’m enjoying smoothies and popsicles as a way to keep cool.
I really don’t think there is any better flavor than chocolate and peanut butter. It must be genetic because every one in my family goes ga-ga for that combo. Toss in a banana and it makes it even better. One of my all time favorite smoothies is a simple mix of banana, peanut butter, almond milk, and cocoa powder.
That was in the inspiration for these delicious and easy to make Fudge Banana Pops.
- 1.5 cups milk of your choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 scoops Barlean's Chocolate Silk Greens Powder
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup melted dark chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender or food processor.
- Blend till full combined.
- Pour mix into pop molds and insert sticks.
- Freeze according to your pop mold directions.
- To release pops, run under warm water for 30 seconds
To add a nutritional boost, I used Barlean’s Chocolate Silk Greens Powder. It’s packed with superfood antioxidants from more than a dozen fruits and veggies. It’s non-GMO, gluten free, soy free, dairy free and vegan. What it’s not free of is taste. A wonderfully chocolatey taste, I might add. It’s a great way to sneak in extra greens into your diet. And when your greens taste like chocolate, I think everyone can agree that it’s easy to eat green.
Pops can be made with anything but I’ve fallen in love with this Zoku Classic Pop Molds. I love the sleek design of it and that it’s mess free with the built in drip guards.
I may have to buy another set because the Fish Pop Molds are too cute!
What’s your favorite flavor combo?
This post contains affiliate links.