The days are getting shorter (boo!) and the temperatures are getting chillier (double boo!). That can only mean one thing – Fall is coming sooner rather than later. Of course, I can look on the calendar and see that (BTW – where has August gone?) but those two changes definitely have me thinking of the Fall. More specifically, my Fall race calendar.
Over the weekend I had some time to pick out a few races. Earlier in the summer (and before taking time off for my foot injury) I was thinking of maybe trying to squeeze in another marathon before the end of the year. I wanted to do something that wouldn’t require a lot of travel because we all know the trip from hell we had for Vermont City! My latest option is the Manchester Marathon in early November. The course description says hilly and challenging. I’ve heard it’s all that and than some. No thank you. That’s not what I need right now especially for a redemption marathon. Flat and fast is much more appealing! #2 marathon will have to wait till 2014.
So instead, I’m focusing on my all time favorite race, the Seacoast Half Marathon in November. One of my goals for 2013 is to achieve a 1:45 half (a two minute PR). The Seacoast Half is where that goal will be achieved. In addition, I’ve picked up or am thinking about these races:
- August 31 – N.H. 10 Miler
- September 7 – Foxpoint Sunset 5 Miler
- September 15 – Run for the Fallen N.H. – not really a race but a tribute run.
- September 29 – Mendum’s Half Marathon (trail race) – Still thinking about this one
- October 6 – Smuttynose Half Marathon – on the fence still about this one. Lots of friends are doing it so I may do it just to join the party.
- November 10 – Seacoast Half Marathon
To help me along with achieving my new half marathon PR, I thought it would be a good idea to have a reminder to RUN FAST. It just so happens that Dana from Words to Sweat By recently asked if I’d like to try out one of her fitness accessories. Dana designs and develops all of the companies products in her studio in San Jose, CA. I love the companies motto: “Exercise your funny bone along with the rest of you.” As someone who is always laughing, it’s perfect for me!
I chose the Charm Bracelet: Run Fast with a kelly green cuff. It’s just the right kick in the butt I need while I’m slogging through a speed workout. Motivation and cute all wrapped around my wrist!
Dana wants you to be motivated too! You can win a $30 virtual gift card to use on anything you want from Words to Sweat By!
To enter answer the following in the comments below:
- What motivates you? (mandatory)
For additional entries, do any of the following and leave a separate comment for each.
- Tweet about the giveaway with this phrase or something similar – “@happyfitmama is giving away a $30 gift card to exercise your fitness passion and fashion with @wordstosweatby http://bit.ly/1cYkaDz“
- Follow @wordstosweatby on Twitter
- Follow me on Instagram (@happyfitmama)
Giveaway ends Sunday, August 24 @ 8 p.m. Winner will be announced in Monday’s blog post.
You can also get 10% off anything in the Words To Sweat By shop with the coupon code happyfitmama from now until September 21.