It’s Wednesday (WIAW)so let’s talk food. I’ve got another addition of my eats from the week along with a special request from my kiddos.
Let’s get to it!
- OIAJ – I’m so excited when there’s an empty jar. And it seems like there’s always an empty jar. We like our nut butters in our house!
- Green smoothie – I’ve been experimenting with coconut water instead of almond milk. I like it! It’s not as thick (depending on what I put in it) but tastes great.
- Nutty Nuggets – seriously can’t get enough of them. My kiddos have even become lovers. No added sugars and with only 4 ingredients. So yummy warmed up with bananas or blueberries and of course, a scoop of nut butter.
- Toasted hummus and veggie sandwich + Pink Lady apple – sometimes just a plain, simple sandwich hits the spot.
- Stir Fry Veggies – One of those days when nothing but veggies sound good. I’m on a serious mushroom kick lately (see below).
- Lavash veggie pizza with nutritional yeast + steamed broccoli
- Spinach salad with leftover Easter eggs and salsa – I can honestly say I’m sick of hard boiled eggs right now.
- Thai Peanut Salmon Salad – Had plans for another recipe but saw a variation of this and changed my mind. Definitely will be making this again.
- Black Bean and Avocado Salad over spinach
- Fried egg sandwich + sweet potato w/ cinnamon + sauteed mushrooms (more eggs and mushrooms of course)
- Baked haddock with seafood stuffing + roasted asparagus
- Mexican Spaghetti Squash Pie
- Falafel Veggie Burger
- Dr. Praeger’s Veggie Burgers – Hands down my favorite pre-made veggie burgers. No soy fillers and made with actual veggies. Great for a quick weekday dinner.
- Prepping veggies for the week
- Baked Broccoli Slaw Egg Rolls
- Chocolate “larabar” Balls + Coconut Apricot Bites – prepping snacks for the week for everyone
- Banana toast – tastes delicious even without nut butter
- Dates + almonds
- Chocolate Mug Cake + PB – I was craving chocolate in a major way but I didn’t want to break from the sugar detox challenge. Made this little concoction that hit the spot – no sugar needed!
Yesterday I had a “You know you’re a blogger when…” moment. I was taking pics of my food when my kiddos asked me to take pics of theirs too. They thought it was hilarious!
A little taste of our Munchkin Meals from yesterday:
- Nutty Nuggets + raisins – They are both all about cereal (hot and cold) lately.
- Egg salad sandwiches (leftover Easter eggs + plain yogurt), grapes and orange peppers
- YoKids yogurt frozen for a cool snack
- My little guy surprises me all the time – snacking on 1/2 a zucchini!
I try to give my kids the same foods that I eat just a variation. For instance, we had Mexican Spaghetti Squash Pie last night for dinner. I knew the kids wouldn’t actually eat a piece of the pie so I served them a deconstructed version – plain spaghetti squash, cottage cheese, black beans and peppers. It works for us because Ron and I tend to like spicy foods which the kiddos don’t tolerate.
What have you been eating lately that you can’t get enough of?
Obviously, I love spinach, eggs and mushrooms!