My post from yesterday couldn’t have come at a better time. I needed a reminder of what makes me happy after we got seriously dumped on. WTF – 10 + inches of snow in mid March is just plain cruel. And for that I give you a scowl.
Since it was snowing, I got the urge to bake and restock our snack supply. I wanted to make some of my usual chocolate balls but we were running low on dates. I improvised and came up with a really easy and delicious combo. So easy that it almost seems silly to put it into a recipe format!
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- ½ Cup Unsulfured Dried Apricots
- ½ Cup Sunflower Seed Butter
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend till evenly combined.
- Roll bites into balls.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Four ingredients for one yummy snack! More additions could be added too. Almonds, walnuts and protein powder would all be delicious. It’s funny but I really don’t like the taste of coconut but it seems to be growing on me the more I eat it.
It’s time for a recap of some of my favorite eats from the week. Or better yet, the past few weeks. It’s been three weeks since the last Eats from the Week post. I’ve been kind of in a food rut lately. Nothing sounds really, really good to me so I’ve been making a lot of the usual standbys.
- Warm Nutty Nuggets w/ wild blueberries and raw almond butter – Can’t. get. enough.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie
- Homemade waffles w/ warmed apples
- Lavash bread hummus and veggie sandwich, sesame almonds, grapefruit
- Grilled mushroom and spinach wrap
- Roasted Corn Black Bean Soup
- Lavash bread veggie pizza, sugar snap peas and cucumbers
- Chickpea Curry Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- Salmon tacos + pink lady apple
- Veggie nachos – seriously needed salt after Saturday’s 20 miler!
- Trader Joe’s Gourmet Jelly Beans – Easter’s coming!
- Black Bean Enchilada Bake
- Peanut Crusted Baked Tofu w/ veggies
- Baked Haddock with greens, rice and salsa
- Starbuck’s new Hazelnut Macchiato – yum!
Do you fall into a food rut?
What have you been eating lately?