Roasted Corn Black Bean Soup
Serves: 6 cups
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion, Minced
- 1 Red, Yellow Or Orange Pepper (or combination), diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 14.5 Oz Vegetable Broth
- 15 Oz Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 14.5 Oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Trader Joe's Roasted Corn
- 1/2 Cup Zucchini, diced (optional)
- Additional optional toppings:
- Shredded Cheese
- Yogurt or Sour Cream
- Place 1 Tbsp olive oil in Dutch Oven over medium-high heat.
- Add red onion and pepper. Cook till softened.
- Add garlic, cumin and chili powder and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Stir in vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn and zucchini (if using).
- Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Serve with toppings such as diced avocado, shredded cheese, yogurt or sour cream and cilantro.
Recipe by Happy Fit Mama at http://www.happyfitmama.com/roasted-corn-black-bean-soup/