This post is sponsored by Simply Organic in partnership with Mambo Sprouts. All opinions, as always, are my own. Thank you for your support!
I’ve got a delicious recipe idea to share with you today.
I’m all about easy week night meals. Power bowls have been my thing for years except I called it an ‘Everything but the kitchen sink’ bowl. What’s not to love about a meal that comes together quickly and is dumped into a bowl? Absolutely nothing.
I’ve used Simply Organic spices in my kitchen for cooking and baking. We love their taco seasoning too. Now there’s something new to add to my pantry – Simmer Sauces for fajitas and tacos.
I tried out the new Classic Fajita Simmer Sauce on a recent taco night to spice things up. Adding the sauce to make an Easy Chicken Fajita Power Bowl made it super easy and super delicious.
- 1 bell peppers, sliced (any color will do!)
- 1 zucchini, sliced into half moon shapes
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- Oil for cooking
- 1 pouch Simply Organic Fajita Simmer Sauce
- Grain of your choice (I used Organic Sprouted Brown Basmati Rice), prepared as directed
- Optional toppings:
- Lime, plain Greek yogurt/sour cream, cheddar cheese, avocado or guacamole
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and zucchini and cook until crisp tender, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to the pan along with chicken. Cook until golden.
- Add cooked peppers, zucchini and Simply Organic Fajita Simmer Sauce to chicken. Mix until coated completed and heat to a simmer.
- Assemble Power Bowl, adding additional toppings as desired.
The fajita sauce adds so much flavor to this simple power bowl meal. It’s not too hot but still has a little spice. My son, who likes a little heat, happily gobbled it up. I think he may have said, “This is so good!” at least five times.
Made with real, organic veggies and spices, the Classic Fajita Simmer Sauce is just as Simply Organic’s tagline implies – Pure. Simple. Joy.
Simply Organic only uses ingredients grown and processed without the use of toxic pesticides, irradiation, or genetically engineered products. There’s no funky ingredients because funky does not belong in food. What you will find is organic tomatoes, onions, peppers, chili pepper, cumin, smoked paprika, chipotle and other yummy ingredients for just the right flavor.
What are your power bowl essentials?